Grades: 9-12 | 36 students
- We feel that the high school years are important in developing young people into successful adults.
- Our teachers provide a strong academic program and moral support as their students gain confidence and a sense of responsibility.
- Degreed, knowledgeable teachers are flexible, creative, and encouraging.
- Our program emphasizes self-expression, self-worth, self-motivation, positive interpersonal skills, anf cooperation, not competition.
- We give our students organizational and study skills, preparation for college, and lifetime, independent learning skills.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 36%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1610|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Huntington-Surrey Preparatory School is a long-established Austin educational institution with a purpose of preparing every student for college admission while honoring each student as an individual.
- We pride ourselves in producing young adult graduates who know how to learn, with a desire to keep learning throughout their lives. Individual attention and a personalized educational experience come from our low student-to-teacher ratios: 8-1 in core classes, 6-1 in math, and 1-1 in our literature program based on the British tutorial method. We take college preparation seriously, proven by our 100% college acceptance of our graduates. But we aren`t just about the books. Huntington-Surrey is a family of teachers, instructors, administrators, students, and parents with a like-minded approach to building a better basis for college-and for life. Life is an open-book test. We plant strong roots for a lifetime of learning and growth.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AustinGrades: K-12 | 386 students
8700 South View Road
Austin, TX 78737
AustinGrades: PK-12 | 119 students
306 W 29th St
Austin, TX 78705
AustinGrades: 9-12 | 110 students
5001 Evans Ave.
Austin, TX 78751
AustinGrades: NS-12 | 539 students
801 Rio Grande
Austin, TX 78701
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.