Browse past news stories for Hutchison School in Memphis, TN.
- Nora Johnson -- The Hutchison School - Memphis Commercial Appeal
posted on April 3, 2016 at 05:16:05 am
Nora volunteers with the Neighborhood Christian Center, Memphis Peace and Justice Center, Clean Memphis, Sierra Club, and Bridge Builders. Nora spent a month at the pr ...
- Hutchison Farm Cultivates Knowledge - Germantown News
posted on April 15, 2013 at 04:09:48 pm
Hutchison horticulturist Sarah Pierce was published in the March issue of Germantown Life, talking about how she integrates the farm into classroom learning. ...
- Society of Information Management Panel
posted on March 5, 2013 at 04:15:51 pm
A panel of SIM (Society of Information Management) members shared information with sophomores about career opportunities for women in the technology industry and provided advice to girls about how to approach professionals and make the best impression in connection with the upcoming Career Shadow ...
- Lacrosse in Top 10 in South Region Preseason
posted on February 28, 2013 at 04:14:21 pm
Congratulations to the Hutchison Lacrosse Team. They are ...
- Engineering Week Speaker at Hutchison
posted on February 28, 2013 at 04:11:45 pm
Marni Kendricks, Assistant Dean Undergraduate Academics and Instructor for Civil Engineering at The University of Mississippi, spoke to Middle School during Engineering Week. She touched on the different fields of engineering: civil, chemical, computer, electrical, and geological engineering. Marni also talked ...
- Eighth Graders Meet with Al Gore at Book Signing
posted on February 21, 2013 at 04:10:32 pm
Hutchison eighth graders Ariel Bulloch and Luba O'Dell met with former United States Vice President and Nobel Prize winner Al Gore during his recent visit to the Booksellers of Laurelwood in Memphis. Gore's ...
- Hutchison inducts 17 girls to the Cum Laude Society
posted on February 19, 2013 at 04:09:06 pm
Hutchison's Emily Smith Britton Chapter of the Cum Laude Society inducted 17 new members at a ceremony in the Wiener Theater. Founded in 1906 on the model of Phi Beta Kappa, the Cum Laude Society honors the academic achievement of secondary school scholars. Hutchison's chapter of Cum Laude was installed in 1958 honoring Emily Smith Britton '55. Hutchison head of school Dr. Annette Smith welcomed guests and inductees during her opening remarks. Hutchison ...
- Tennessee Runners Name Mary Carson Pitts as a Top Pole Vaulter in State
posted on February 8, 2013 at 04:12:47 pm
Tennessee Runners praises the exemplary Pole Vaulting techniques that Mary ...
- Hutchison Hosts National Girls and Women in Sports Day with Girls Inc
posted on February 7, 2013 at 04:04:12 pm
Hutchison hosted Girls Inc. to celebrate National Girls and Women in Sports Day. Girls from all over the Memphis area filled the Goodlett Gym for a night of fun and learning. From healthy nutrition to self-defense to leadership skills, ...
- Hutchison Hosts Princeton Global Health Speakers
posted on February 6, 2013 at 04:03:25 pm
Global health and advocacy experts Kristina Graff and Ashley Zlatinov spoke at ...
- Hutchison Basketball Coach Blair Lansden Named to Southeastern Conference's 2013 Class of Women's Legends
posted on January 29, 2013 at 04:02:22 pm
Hutchison basketball coach Blair Lansden has been named to the Southeastern Conference's 2013 class of Women's Legends. She will be honored during the women's SEC tournament, which takes place March 6-10 in Duluth, Ga. Coach ...
- Hutchison News Post a New Story Mary Carson Pitts Shatters State Pole Vault Record Again Edit Delete 4/15/2013 Mary Carson Pitts shattered her two week old State Pole Vault Record of 12'3 on Saturday at the Houston High School Invitational by clearing
posted on January 18, 2013 at 04:01:19 pm
Seniors Gabriela Alvergue, Katie Fleckenstein, Shoshannah Higgins, Edith Lewis, and Emily Mayzell won Gold Keys for Art Portfolios among their other awards. Emily Mayzell won a total of two Gold Keys for her art portfolio and sculpture submission, a Silver Key for ceramics/glass, and two Honorable Mentions for ceramics/glass and sculpture. Katie Fleckenstein took home a total of two Gold Keys and also won the Fashion Award ...
- Hutchison Orchestra Members Selected to All-West Honors Orchestra
posted on January 18, 2013 at 04:00:51 pm
The West Tennessee School Band and Orchestra Association (WTSBOA) has selected nine Hutchison Orchestra members to perform with the prestigious All-West Tennessee Orchestra in Memphis, Tennessee in February.Monica Fleck, Charley Kate Barcroft, and Quinn Farr will be performing with the Junior Strings at the All-West Tennessee Orchestra. ...
- Seniors Met with Shelby County Mayor Mark Luttrell about Early Childhood Education
posted on January 3, 2013 at 03:59:25 pm
After exams were completed and the winter break had started, four Hutchison and other issues in the community. Lockie Dearman, May Montague, Charlotte Nichols, a ...
- Germantown Star honors 9 Hutchison Students this semester
posted on December 16, 2012 at 09:03:03 pm
The Hutchison Class of 2013 has been honored with Star Student recognition in the Germantown News nine times this semester. Seniors Meg Bolton, Bridget Boyer, Lockie Dearman, ...
- Hutchison Varsity Soccer Honored with National Academic Team Award
posted on November 28, 2012 at 09:00:47 pm
Congratulations to the 2011-12 Hutchison Sting Varsity Soccer Team for being honored by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) with the 2011-12 High School Team Academic Award. These ...
- Hutchison attends Tennessee Center for Civic Engagement's Model United Nations Conference
posted on November 20, 2012 at 09:00:04 pm
Six Hutchison upper school girls attended the Tennessee Center for Civic Engagement's Model United Nations conference. Gaby Nair and Meagan Jacobs represented the country of Mauritania. Molly ...
- Hutchison Seniors honored at the national, state, and local levels for their efforts with youth programs in the Mid-South
posted on November 16, 2012 at 08:59:35 pm
Seniors Lockie Dearman and Sarah Schaefer have been honored at the national, state, and local levels for their efforts with youth programs in the Mid-South. The United States ...
- Be Free Co-founders Speak to Global Ambassadors
posted on October 25, 2012 at 08:58:44 pm
Be Free Revolution co-founders Britney Lee Christie and Lacey Pease Stluka spoke to the Hutchison Leads Global Ambassadors program this morning in Sanders ...
- Hutchison Senior Cady Herring Talks to Fox 13
posted on October 24, 2012 at 08:58:13 pm
Hutchison senior Cady ...
- Varsity Cross Country Team Takes First Place
posted on October 15, 2012 at 08:57:39 pm
The Varsity Cross Country Team took home First Place in their Regional Meet this ...
- Middle School Golfer Wins First in Shelby League Middle School Golf
posted on October 15, 2012 at 08:56:55 pm
Susan Morris won first place in the Shelby League Middle School Golf Tournament on 10/11/12. Her ...
- Hutchison's Race for the Cure Team
posted on October 4, 2012 at 05:13:16 pm
Hutchison is once again proud to support the fight against breast cancer by participating in the Memphis Area Race for the Cure on Saturday, October 27. In addition to supporting the Susan G. Komen ...
- Hutchison Graduate and Presidential Scholar named to US-China delegation
posted on July 29, 2012 at 08:55:44 pm
Recent Hutchison graduate Caroline Orr is one of only 12 U.S. Presidential Scholars selected to participate in the National Committee in United States-China Relations Student Leaders Exchange trip to China this summer. Since 2004, the National Committee has been selecting 12 U.S. Presidential Scholars to participate in the yearly Student Leaders Exchange. (Presidential Scholars is a designation annually conferred upon 141 American graduating high school seniors nationwide by the U.S. Department of Education.) For the young American participants, the heart of the program is a two-week study visit to China from June 23 to July 8. American participants learned about ...
October 20, 2016
Among the many forms which you must complete when applying to private school is something called The Candidate Statement. Here's what it is involved in preparing this document.
October 19, 2016
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
October 18, 2016
Submit your employment application the way a Swiss watch craftsman builds a watch. With precision and accuracy.