Grades: 9-12 | 150 students
<a href='http://www.hyde.edu/campus-life/'>Campus Life</a> Campus life at Hyde is all about being an active and engaged member of the community. An emphasis on character–courage, integrity, leadership, curiosity, and concern—provides the cornerstone for learning—in the classrooms, dormitories, the arts, and on the athletic fields.
<a href='http://www.hyde.edu/arts/'>Visual/Performing Arts</a> Hyde students all participate in visual or performing arts. The arts program allows students to express their creativity, appreciate the world around them, enhance public speaking and presentation skills, and take pride in their work.
Community Service Concern for others is at the center of Hyde's principles, and our students are engaged in community service on many levels. Our students participate in programs such as the American Red Cross, Habitat for Humanity, Big Brothers Big Sisters, blood drives, fundraising and work in local homeless shelters and soup kitchens.
<a href='http://www.hyde.edu/athletics/'>Athletics</a> All students participate in three sports during the academic year. Hyde Schools athletic programs offer seasoned athletes, novice athletes, and athletes whose abilities fall somewhere in between an opportunity to explore leadership potential by developing skills that can help them become effective problem-solvers, strategists, and strong team players.
<a href='http://www.hyde.edu/admission/international-program/'>International Program</a> The International Program at Hyde Schools offers students from all over the world a true American immersion experience. Our private boarding campuses in Bath, Maine, and Woodstock, Connecticut are centers for outstanding college-preparatory academics, leadership opportunities, athletic participation, arts and theater, and much more.
<a href='http://www.hyde.edu/academics/'>Academics</a> Hyde's academic program builds skills and develops confidence. Ninety-eight percent of Hyde students attend four-year colleges.
<a href='http://www.hyde.edu/hydestories/'>Hyde Stories</a> Hyde Stories are thirteen intimate, personal interviews with recent Hyde private boarding school alumni, parents, faculty, and staff. Each reveals a distinctive aspect of Hyde's unique education.
- HYDE SCHOOLS, the leader in character education, are a network of college preparatory schools, with private boarding schools in Bath, Maine and Woodstock, Connecticut, serving students grades 9-12 and post-graduate studies. Hyde also operates public charter schools in Brooklyn and Bronx, New York.
- Hyde offers a wide range of courses, including AP, Honors, Summer and Orientation programs.
- At Hyde Schools, academics are only part of what we teach. Students get the tools they need to prosper and grow in this challenging world. That’s because our approach to education is entirely different. Our teachers focus on helping students reveal their character and develop the confidence they need to succeed in high school, college and beyond. And the way we teach is different, too. We offer leadership opportunities to all students as well as a dynamic leadership track for eligible students. And, unlike any other school, we involve parents and the entire school community in the discovery process. As a result, Hyde students and families strive to realize their fullest potential and are uniquely prepared to navigate the tough choices they face in everyday life. Hyde Schools - Be the Best Possible You HYDE.edu.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 10%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus AB, Calculus BC, English Composition, Environmental Science, Physics, Statistics, Studio Art, US History,|
|Average SAT score||1608|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$51,000|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$19,000|
|Admissions Director||Kevin Folan|
|Admissions Associate||Liz Atwood|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, WrestlingBasketball, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Big Brother/Big Sister, Boat Building, Community Service including Habitat for Humanity, American Red Cross, Salvation Army Christmas Party, Dance, Public Speaking, Ropes Course, Skiing, Song Writer's Workshop in Nashville, Surfing, Tech Production, Ultimate Frisbee, Wilderness Leadership Experience, Yearbook Boat Building, Dance, Ropes Course, Skiing, Surfing, Yearbook, Big Brother/Big Sister,
Community Service including Habitat for Humanity, American Red Cross, Salvation Army Christmas Party,
Song Writer's Workshop in Nashville,
Wilderness Leadership Experience,
- Located in the quaint and historic shipbuilding city of Bath, Maine, on the Kennebec River, the Hyde School campus was founded in 1966. Formerly the estate of shipbuilder John S. Hyde, the sprawling 145-acre New England estate includes the historic Hyde Mansion and carriage house, which houses classrooms and offices. The Hyde grounds feature the Wheeler Library & Academic Wing and an all-inclusive athletic center with field house, wrestling room, entertainment center, weight and cardio rooms. The Student Learning Center, built in 2006, houses a 5400-square-foot library, a resource center, computer laboratory, and comfortable classrooms, some of which overlook the picturesque campus grounds. Classrooms include interactive plasma displays, known as Smart Boards. The Student Union houses a 600-seat performing arts center, a 350-seat dining hall, the campus mailroom, and a state-of-the-art music studio where students write and record original music. Campus also includes the 1915 Sunken Garden, Health Center, bookstore, and café, the Student Cultural Center, the Spiritual Center, three playing fields, including a turf field, an all-weather track, indoor tennis and basketball courts, and several dormitories. Year-round, students and faculty enjoy miles of wooded running, bicycling, and cross-country skiing trails that extend beyond the campus. Hyde students also enjoy a ropes course with zip line, a 600-acre wilderness facility located in the Bigelow Mountains in Eustis, Maine, running, biking, and cross-country ski trails, state-of-the-art music recording studio, climbing wall, and ice skating ponds. The Joseph W. Gauld Student Life and Athletic Center Complex, built in 2006, provides multiple options for athletes, including a climbing wall, and comfortable gathering spaces in the café, entertainment room, or gracious foyer, which is equipped with a stone fireplace.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Kents HillGrades: 9-12 | 221 students
PO Box 257, 1614 Main Street
Kents Hill, ME 04349
WoolwichGrades: K-12 | 88 students
425 Chops Point Rd
Woolwich, ME 04579
PortlandGrades: PK-12 | 544 students
360 Spring St
Portland, ME 04102
YarmouthGrades: NS-12 | 300 students
148 Main Street
Yarmouth, ME 04096
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.