Grades: 1-11 | 16 students
- Immaculate Heart Academy has as its purpose the creation of enthusiasm for scholarship, the stimulation of a desire to render service, the promotion of leadership, and the development of character.
- NHS, a nationwide organization sponsored and supervised by the National Association of Secondary School Principals, is a society composed of students who have been recognized by the faculty and administration for outstanding achievement in four areas: scholarship, character, leadership, and service.
- Each year, a faculty committee considers junior and senior candidates for selection in NHS. Judgment is based on academics, service, leadership and character.
- Once a student has been inducted, she is responsible for maintaining excellence in these areas.
- Meetings are held on an as needed basis throughout the year.
- After school tutoring to students having academic difficulty is a primary responsibility of membership.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-11|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GardenaGrades: 9-12 | 600 students
14830 Van Ness Avenue
Gardena, CA 90249
Monterey ParkGrades: PK-8 | 213 students
119 S Ramona Ave
Monterey Park, CA 91754
Los AngelesGrades: 9-12 | 515 students
960 South Soto Street
Los Angeles, CA 90023
WhittierGrades: PK-8 | 266 students
13925 Telegraph Road
Whittier, CA 90604
DowneyGrades: 9-12 | 288 students
7851 Gardendale St
Downey, CA 90242
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.