Grades: PK-8 | 293 students
Immanuel Lutheran School provides a Christian education that focuses on the development of literacy skills at various levels, differentiated instruction, integrated technology, and project-based learning in a caring and supportive environment centered on Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
Illinois Coalition of Nonpublic Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||293 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,165|
|Tuition Notes||Payment options available. Limited aid available. Tuition cost includes book fees.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Megan Popp, School Recruiter|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Track and Field,
- We believe that each child is a special gift of God and is to be encouraged to develop socially, emotionally, physically, cognitively and spiritually. Our goal is to accept and affirm each child’s unique competence as a learner today, rather than just making a child “ready” for future learning. Each child is provided with appropriate activities that will challenge the child to continued growth to reach his/her potential.
- As the child experiences these truths, he/she grows in self-esteem, accepting both his/her God-given gifts and limitations. This becomes the foundation for learning, enabling the child to respond boldly and confidently as God’s child and as a life-long learner.The curriculum of Immanuel Lutheran School has been developed never compromising the doctrine of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod or the mission and ministry of Immanuel Lutheran Church. These standards are used in the selection of curriculum materials.
- Under the guidance and support of our Christian staff, the child learns to approach, examine and evaluate the materials and his/her experiences in light of the Christian faith. This process is a life-long skill that enables the child to grow in faith and to witness that faith to others.Through a stimulating environment with hands-on experiences and varied learning resources, the child can gain problem-solving skills, social skills, independence and a love for learning. These concrete learning experiences broaden the foundation for future learning.
- At Immanuel each child experiences God's love and learns to know Jesus as his/her personal Savior. Students join in daily prayer and worship, learn Bible truths, practice stewardship of God’s world and learn to share the Gospel with others. The school supports the parent/guardian as the child’s primary teacher. We also recognize the family’s responsibility to provide Christian nurture for the child. Since the home remains the chief agency for the Christian training of the child, the school strives to support the family in this task. In turn, the school expects the family to model the Christian faith life in worship and Christ-centered living. Together the parent/guardian and the school work cooperatively to enhance the child’s life as a learner and as a child of God.
- Immanuel Lutheran School takes its non-discrimination policy seriously. The Immanuel School Committee is responsible for implementation of the non-discrimination policy and addresses any concerns in this area.
Profile last updated: 11/04/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BataviaGrades: PK-8 | 75 students
595 S River St
Batavia, IL 60510
1505 S. Batavia Ave.
Batavia, IL 60510
AuroraGrades: 9-12 | 513 students
1000 Butterfield Rd
Aurora, IL 60502
MooseheartGrades: PK-12 | 211 students
255 W James J Davis
Mooseheart, IL 60539
AuroraGrades: PK-KG | 77 students
2850 Ginger Woods Pkwy
Aurora, IL 60502
Rental Market Monitor
January 25, 2016
This is a very practical list of things you must do before you graduate. The items on this list will enhance your college applications.
January 08, 2016
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.
January 05, 2016
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.