- An innovative, independent Montessori school on Boston's South Shore, Inly School inspires students to be creative thinkers and self-motivated, lifelong learners.
- Our proven toddler, preschool, full-day kindergarten, elementary, and middle school programs are built on the 100-year-old Montessori tradition of deeply engaging students in intellectual work, while stretching their social/emotional resilience and capacity to mature into well-rounded people.
- The curriculum goes beyond the national Common Core standards, and features robust experiential learning at every level.
- World languages for all ages; and arts-rich, integrated rigorous academics prepare Inly students to be independent, forward-thinking global citizens who succeed at their choice of secondary schools—and in real life. For details on academics, arts, athletics, and outdoor classroom, visit www.inlyschool.org.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||270 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 23 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||tuition rates vary by level and can be accessed on our website in the admissions section|
|Admissions Director||Liz Knox|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Crew, Dance, Flag Football, SoccerBasketball, Crew,
Dance, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Enrichment offered for K–8, Inly Dance Company, Karate, Montessori Model United Nations Karate, After School Enrichment offered for K–8,
Inly Dance Company,
Montessori Model United Nations,
- Inly School uses a blend of Montessori curriculum and philosophy combined with educational best practices to teach core subjects, world languages, arts, athletics, and life skills.
- The Inly curriculum is hands-on, experiential, and exploratory. Students are taught to ask questions, seek knowledge, and pursue answers.
- Above all, they are given opportunities to have a voice and be leaders so they can self-confidently face new challenges in new settings.
- Teachers individualize the Inly curriculum to help each student work to his or her personal best. This means students can progress through the curriculum at their own pace—whether working above grade level in a particular subject, or taking the time to reinforce learning and skills in another subject.
- The curriculum is also highly integrated—teachers present lessons that draw on more than one subject to teach skills and concepts and deepen understanding.
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015