- The mission of the International School of Indiana is to excel in providing a multilingual and multicultural education through a distinctive internationally acclaimed curriculum, preparing our students to contribute successfully to their communities.
- The International School of Indiana (ISI) was established in 1994 against the background of a rapidly changing world, to support Indianapolis in its efforts to participate in the global economy. Today, ISI is a 3-year-old through Grade 12 school of approximately 600 students, and provides a multicultural education with high academic expectations, a very strong foreign language component, and an international perspective.
- ISI students are "Ready for the World Stage.".
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||European Council for International Schools
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||576 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||100 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Advanced Courses||International Baccalaureate Diploma|
|Average SAT score||1880|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Sarah Harrison and Kate Lock|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Crew,
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Our small classes and dedicated teachers recruited from the USA and from around the world ensure personal attention in a culturally diverse setting. Children in our pre-elementary program are taught in either Spanish, French or Mandarin for most of the day. This total immersion approach builds remarkable fluency at a young age.
- In 2011, ISI became the first school in Indiana to be authorized by the International Baccalaureate (IB) Organization to offer all three IB programs, and only the second school in the entire Midwest to achieve this distinction.
- ISI is the 14th school in the United States to be authorized for all three programs, and only the 8th private school.
- High School Graduation Rate: 100%
- College Attendance Rate: 100%
- IB Diploma Results (Class of 2011) placed ISI among top performing high schools in the USA, and among the top performing international schools around the world
- Our graduating class of 34 students in 2011 was offered $4.3 million in academic merit scholarships and these students are now studying at some of the finest universities locally, nationally and internationally
- School Location Miles Grades Students
IndianapolisGrades: PK-8 | 605 students
615 W 64th St
Indianapolis, IN 46260
IndianapolisGrades: NS-8 | 432 students
1750 W 64th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46260
WhitestownGrades: PK-12 | 583 students
6600 S Indianapolis Rd
Whitestown, IN 46075
IndianapolisGrades: PK-8 | 42 students
2404 W 62nd Street
Indianapolis, IN 46268
IndianapolisGrades: PK-12 | 986 students
7200 N College Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46240
We LOVE ISI! So fortunate that Indianapolis has this remarkable school.
- Posted by Parent - stacy