Grades: PK-8 | 150 students
- Islamic School of Greater New Orleans has established a name for itself in the New Orleans' community as a school that offers quality education in an Islamic environment.
- As a result, Muslim families from neighboring communities who desires for their children to have ISGNO Islamic experience making Islamic School of Greater New Orleans a school serving about 150 students.
- The school is located in residential suburban community in Kenner.
- The mission of Islamic School of Greater New Orleans is to prepare a diverse student population for higher education or the career of their choice by equipping each child with the skills, knowledge, and habits of mind to become a self-motivated, competent, lifelong learner, through the successful implementation of culturally relevant., inquiry based, hands on learning, facilitated by dedicated, professional teachers in small learning environments.
- Our intent is to create seamless meaningful learning using multiple modalities and integrating disciplines, and promote, inform, educate and create cooperative school family connections.
- Assist young Muslim children to develop a strong foundation and sense of pride of their Islamic heritage.
- Islamic ideals and etiquette will pervade the atmosphere of the classroom through stories, shelf activities, celebration of Islamic holidays and the teachers being the role models.
- The teaching of Islam compliments our goals in achieving self-esteem, respect for self and others and to become successful individuals.
- Islamic School of Greater New Orleans will be a model Islamic educational system, within which learners may develop to their fullest potential and become a generation of leaders and individuals who are highly motivated to be successful in this life and beyond.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Dark Navy Pants/ Jumper. White Shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Aug. 30|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$325|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K/KG $375 1st Grade- 8th Grade $325|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MetairieGrades: PK-12 | 278 students
4828 Utica St
Metairie, LA 70006
KennerGrades: PK-8 | 190 students
531 Williams Blvd
Kenner, LA 70062
KennerGrades: PK-7 | 513 students
4119 Saint Elizabeth Dr
Kenner, LA 70065
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.