Grades: PK-12 | 173 students
Island Christian School -- Mission --- Provide quality Christian education to the families of the Florida Keys; educating: mind, body, and spirit; while developing a closer relationship to Jesus Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||173 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Average SAT score||1180|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,100|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Juanita Knewsen|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, F.U.E.L. Youth Group, Key Club, Math Club, Ultimate Frisebe Art Club, Key Club, Math Club, F.U.E.L. Youth Group,
- Island Christian School enjoys full accreditation status since 1979 by the Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (FACCS).
- FACCS accreditation is nationally recognized by the National Council For Private School Accreditation (NCPSA), the Florida Association of Academic Nonpublic Schools (FAANS), and our national affiliate, the American Association of Christian Schools (AACS).
- Students in grades 9 - 12 are scheduled for college prep courses that meet or surpass al of the State of Florida requirements.
- AP and duel enrollment classes are offered when possible. Students register for and complete the PSAT/NMSQT test, the PLAN and Explore evaluation during the sophmore and Junior year for preparation for the SAT/ACT college entrance tests.
- The Elementary students begin First Grade with a basic academic program including strong phonics, reading, math and communication skills. The curriculum becomes more intensive as the student progresses through the grades. By the completion of Sixth Grade, the student has a solid foundation in reading, math, English grammar, composition, communication, American and world history/geography, (including participation in the National Geographic Geography Bee) and earth and space science, and the basic principles of chemistry and physics.