- Island School combines academic excellence with character building and experiences in the arts.
- The curriculum is based on ideas of Howard Gardner, reflecting the development of "multiple intelligences." The campus has 38 acres and is safe and secluded.
- Island School seeks students who want to learn, have an independent spirit, get along with others, and enjoy new experiences.
- Diversity is valued, and a generous financial aid program ensures a broadly representative student population.
- Island School prepares students for college.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||366 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 63%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Average SAT score||1549|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Logo wear t-shirts and knee length shorts and or pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,975|
|Tuition Notes||Other tuition is as follows: Pre- K = $7235 and K-8 = $10420 and 9-12 is $10975|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,300|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sean Magoun|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Golf, Riflery, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- A Center for Hawaiian Culture and the Arts focuses on building an understanding of and appreciation for Hawaiian culture
- Foreign languages include Chinese
- All classrooms have computer projectors with direct tie-in to the Internet
- The staff is talented and varied, having earned degrees from 38 different colleges and universities across the mainland and in Hawaii and all are well traveled
- The science curriculum includes robotics and an aquaponics pond and garden
- All seniors do independent projects on subjects of their choosing
- graduates of the class of 2009 received college acceptances from 83 different institutions of higher learning
When does your year start and end? Do you have any openings for school teachers?
- Posted by Parent - Clark