Grades: 8-12 | 28 students
- Farr Academy is a therapeutic day school serving students in grades 7 through 12 with a range of emotional and learning problems.
- We provide an array of services that meet the individual strengths and weaknesses of each student.
- Skilled teacher/counselors, small structured classes, group and individualized curriculum aligned to the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks, one-to-one tutoring as needed, and college preparatory courses provide a comprehensive approach to meet the diverse needs presented by students.
- In addition, we offer multi-faceted physical and outdoor education, woodworking, studio art and an intensive school-to-career program.
- Counseling and non-judgmental, non-punitive problem solving meetings are used to teach decision making as well as problem solving skills, through reflection and discussion.
- Additionally, the teaching of techniques and strategies to effectively manage anxiety, stress, frustration and anger are threaded throughout the program.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
People that viewed James F Farr Academy also viewed these schools: May Center School for Autism and Developmental Disabilities, Granite Academy, Boston College Campus School, Wayside Academy and May Center School for Brain Injury and Related Disorders.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
41 Pacella Park Drive
Randolph, MA 02368
BraintreeGrades: 5-12 | 50 students
6 Columbian St
Braintree, MA 02184
Chestnut HillGrades: 1-12 | 26 students
Campion Hall Rm. 197
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
FraminghamGrades: 7-12 | 28 students
1 Frederick Abbott Way
Framingham, MA 01701
BrocktonGrades: K-12 | 48 students
596 Summer St
Brockton, MA 02302
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.