Grades: 8-12 | 28 students
- Farr Academy is a therapeutic day school serving students in grades 7 through 12 with a range of emotional and learning problems.
- We provide an array of services that meet the individual strengths and weaknesses of each student.
- Skilled teacher/counselors, small structured classes, group and individualized curriculum aligned to the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks, one-to-one tutoring as needed, and college preparatory courses provide a comprehensive approach to meet the diverse needs presented by students.
- In addition, we offer multi-faceted physical and outdoor education, woodworking, studio art and an intensive school-to-career program.
- Counseling and non-judgmental, non-punitive problem solving meetings are used to teach decision making as well as problem solving skills, through reflection and discussion.
- Additionally, the teaching of techniques and strategies to effectively manage anxiety, stress, frustration and anger are threaded throughout the program.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
People that viewed James F Farr Academy also viewed these schools: May Center School for Brain Injury and Related Disorders, Dearborn Academy, Cardinal Cushing Centers, May Center School for Autism and Developmental Disabilities and Granite Academy.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BrocktonGrades: K-12 | 48 students
596 Summer St
Brockton, MA 02302
ArlingtonGrades: 1-12 | 148 students
34 Winter St
Arlington, MA 02474
HanoverGrades: UG | 118 students
405 Washington St
Hanover, MA 02339
41 Pacella Park Drive
Randolph, MA 02368
BraintreeGrades: 5-12 | 50 students
6 Columbian St
Braintree, MA 02184
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.