Grades: PK-12 | 162 students
- Jefferson Davis Academy is an independent, co-educational, college preparatory school.
- Since its inception in 1965, its philosophy has been based on a commitment to help students develop to their fullest potential academically, aesthetically, emotionally, morally, physically, socially and civically.
- The faculty of Jefferson Davis Academy strives to help its students reach this maturity by nurturing their individual gifts, providing vigorous training in the tools of learning, and offering opportunities for creative work and self-discipline.
- It is in this atmosphere promoting human growth and development, where excellence and responsibility are encouraged and expected, that we seek to develop our young people into citizens capable of meeting the challenges of future society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||The South Carolina Independent School Association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||162 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(khaki pants, color coded collared shirt)
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BlackvilleGrades: 1-12 | 48 students
5675 Hwy 70
Blackville, SC 29817
BarnwellGrades: K-4 | 19 students
Po Box 1051
Barnwell, SC 29812
WillistonGrades: PK-KG | 47 students
315 Chester St
Williston, SC 29853
EhrhardtGrades: PK-12 | 150 students
Po Box 98
Ehrhardt, SC 29081
OrangeburgGrades: PK-12 | 826 students
2651 North Rd
Orangeburg, SC 29118
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.