- Jemicy School educates bright students struggling with dyslexia or other language-based learning differences by addressing both their intellectual strengths and their learning needs.
- The School utilizes creative, multisensory, and research-based programs and techniques to develop reading, writing, spelling, and organization skills; promote a love of learning; and prepare students for the intellectual and social rigors of college and life.
- Our faculty is trained in teaching methods certified by the International Dyslexia Association.
- Through the use and integration of these teaching techniques, Jemicy teachers are able to tailor instruction to the learning needs of each student.
- In addition, technology enhances each student's native problem-solving capability.
- Jemicy students learn to understand and appreciate their unique learning style and become effective self-advocates.
- Jemicy School is committed to fostering mutual respect among students, parents, faculty and staff.
- We expect all to be partners in establishing and maintaining an atmosphere in which every individual is valued and respected.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Maryland And DC Schools (JAIMS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia or other related language-based learning differences|
|Total Students||364 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||96 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(no dress code in lower school; uniform polo shirt and khakis in middle and upper school)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Lower and Middle School $32,395 Upper School $33,760|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$11,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Patricia Utz, Director of Enrollment Management|
|Admissions Associate||Carey Mitchell|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Climbing, Cross Country, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Track and Field, WrestlingBasketball, Cheering,
Climbing, Cross Country,
Rock Climbing, Soccer,
Track and Field, Wrestling,
- Jemicy has two campuses, both in Owings Mills, located less than 4 miles apart: Lower and Middle School Campus, on 22 acres in Greenspring Valley Upper School Campus, on 57 acres in Caves Valley region of Baltimore County Classes range from 2 to 12 students on the Lower and Middle School Campus, and from 4 to 10 students on the Upper School Campus. Jemicy offers a unique Upper School Prep program, to qualifying students who need intensive remediation in study skills and organization prior to entering high school. This year-long program is offered on the Upper School Campus.
Profile last updated: 09/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
2220 St. Paul Street
Baltimore, MD 21218
Owings MillsGrades: KG-12 | 1305 students
8600 Mcdonogh Rd
Owings Mills, MD 21117
BaltimoreGrades: K-12 | 613 students
822 W Lake Ave
Baltimore, MD 21210
TowsonGrades: 9-12 | 1188 students
8102 Lasalle Road
Towson, MD 21286
Owings MillsGrades: 1-12 | 109 students
11251 Dolfield Blvd
Owings Mills, MD 21117