|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||153 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Chemistry, Advanced Hebrew Grammar, Advanced Spanish Conversation, Algebra I Advanced, Algebra II Advanced, AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AB, AP Calculus, BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP Physics, C, AP Spanish Language, AP Studio Art, Geometry Advanced, Vocal Arts Honors,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 16|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$36,900|
|Tuition Notes||We are committed to making JCHS an affordable choice for your child's high school education. To that end, we offer a Flexible Tuition Program designed to help keep a JCHS education accessible to families from a variety of economic backgrounds or who are|
|Admissions Director||Ida Gruber|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Dance,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||BBQ Club, Bay Area Academic League, Digital Media, Environmental Club, Gay/Straight Alliance, Hip Hop Dance, Interfaith Teen Council, Jam Band, Literary Magazine, Mock Trial, STAND Anti-Genocide, Social Club, Student Alliance for Israel, Student Ambassadors, Student Government, Ultimate Frisbee, Village Project Tutoring Club, Yearbook BBQ Club, Digital Media, Hip Hop Dance, Jam Band, Mock Trial, Social Club, Yearbook, Bay Area Academic League,
Interfaith Teen Council,
Student Alliance for Israel,
Village Project Tutoring Club,
Jewish Community High School at a Glance
- We are a "pluralistic" community welcoming students from all types of Jewish, social, economic, educational and geographic backgrounds.
- Class sizes are small, averaging 12 students and a 5:1 student-to-teacher ratio.
- We eat lunch together every day. Our meals follow are prepared daily in our kitchen using fresh, local, organic ingredients.
- 85% of our faculty hold post-graduate academic degrees.
- The 200-seat Performing Arts Theater is state-of-the-art and is an exceptional venue for student productions as well as community gatherings.
- Our rapidly expanding library offers more than 25,000 volumes, including those of the Bureau of Jewish Education (BJE).
- JCHS is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Profile last updated: 05/04/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 375 students
1563 Page St
San Francisco, CA 94117
San FranciscoGrades: KG-8 | 344 students
2222 Broadway St
San Francisco, CA 94115
San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 346 students
35 Keyes Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94129
San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 280 students
2901 California St
San Francisco, CA 94115
San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 445 students
755 Ocean Ave
San Francisco, CA 94112