Grades: UG | 210 students
- The John A. Coleman School, provides on-site special education for children in The Pediatric Center, a specialized nursing facility.
- Children in The Pediatric Center suffer from acute and devastating illnesses, disabilities, and medical conditions that require them to require long term hospitalization.
- New York Foundling started the Coleman School to support children whose severe disabilities prevented them from receiving education in a traditional environment.
- The School provides education, and physical, play and music therapy to infants, preschool and school age children as well as a bedside program for children who are too medically fragile to come to a classroom setting.
- While these children's cases are the most severe and restricting, they are also responsive to stimulating therapy and learning opportunities.
- While they cannot be educated in the traditional sense, we constantly strive to improve their quality of life through interaction with their environment and with other children and adults.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Total Students||210 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 329 students
1518 73rd St
Brooklyn, NY 11228
New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 396 students
301 E 29th St
New York, NY 10016
New YorkGrades: NS-6 | 212 students
44 East 2nd Street
New York, NY 10003
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 306 students
587 Main St
New York, NY 10044
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 684 students
1 E 91st St
New York, NY 10128
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.