Grades: UG | 210 students
- The John A. Coleman School, provides on-site special education for children in The Pediatric Center, a specialized nursing facility.
- Children in The Pediatric Center suffer from acute and devastating illnesses, disabilities, and medical conditions that require them to require long term hospitalization.
- New York Foundling started the Coleman School to support children whose severe disabilities prevented them from receiving education in a traditional environment.
- The School provides education, and physical, play and music therapy to infants, preschool and school age children as well as a bedside program for children who are too medically fragile to come to a classroom setting.
- While these children's cases are the most severe and restricting, they are also responsive to stimulating therapy and learning opportunities.
- While they cannot be educated in the traditional sense, we constantly strive to improve their quality of life through interaction with their environment and with other children and adults.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Total Students||210 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: 4-12 | 235 students
126 West 17th Street
New York, NY 10011
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 280 students
219 Stanton Street
New York, NY 10002
New YorkGrades: NS-12
225 East 43rd St.
New York, NY 10017
New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 728 students
222 E 16th St
New York, NY 10003
New YorkGrades: NS-8 | 437 students
610 W 112th Street
New York, NY 10025
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.