Grades: PK-8 | 204 students
- Joseph S. Bruno Montessori Academy is a special place to work and learn.
- Our students enjoy a natural environment rich in learning experiences and unique in the possibilities for personal growth, understanding, respect, and responsibility.
- It is this closeness to nature and all that we do and discover that helps us achieve respect and love for life.
- The classrooms are even surrounded by walls of windows making them seem like extensions of the outside.
- Students here gain a true sense of community and belonging, and learn to accept challenges, solve problems, resolve conflicts, and grow into self-confident lifelong learners.
- At Bruno Academy, we encourage our students to develop independence, responsibility, resourcefulness, and organizational skills.
- Even in the lower academy students learn to use individual work plans listing their goals for the week.
- When you visit Bruno Academy, you will see students working individually and cooperatively to get their work done, enjoying the total learning experience.
- The enthusiasm must be seen to be believed.
- Children learn the importance of having respect for one another and for their classroom environment.
- We have high expectations for our students, and they learn to set higher and higher standards for themselves.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||204 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BirminghamGrades: K-12 | 532 students
5080 Cahaba Valley Trace
Birmingham, AL 35242
BirminghamGrades: PK-12 | 1887 students
2204 Briarwood Way
Birmingham, AL 35243
HarpersvilleGrades: PK-12 | 286 students
Po Box 250
Harpersville, AL 35078
BessemerGrades: PK-12 | 354 students
1705 4th Ave Sw
Bessemer, AL 35022
BirminghamGrades: PK-6 | 213 students
1650 28th Ct S
Birmingham, AL 35209
Joseph Bruno Montessori Academy is an outstanding school. My daughter started here in the pre-school and is now in the middle school. We have been very impressed with the faculty and administration. Everyone is very caring and super qualified. We couldn't be happier!
- Posted by Parent - ritaa
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!! I''m in the seventh grade and still learning
- Posted by Student/Alumni - nicho
The Head of School retired this year and we have a new principal. He has his doctorate from Harvard and is absolutely fabulous!! This is the best school in Birmingham by far. My child has been here 9 years and has gotten a wonderful education.
- Posted by Parent - jajet
I love this school because it offers so many opportunities for my children to learn. My children enjoy the art, music, drama, and soccer programs. This school has a beautiful campus and quality instructional materials.
- Posted by Parent - erica
It is a great schooling am in fifth grade there and have been going there since preschool I love it
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Ashto
Nice facility and teachers. The administrator of the school is very UNPROFESSIONAL. A few issues are she is rude, unwilling to work with parents, teachers and students, and intentionally provides false information to prospective families. Several children, as well as teachers, have left the school due to the administrator's attitude and actions. It is HIGHLY recommended that you do not consider this school for your child/children.
- Posted by Parent - chari
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.