Grades: 9-12 | 1122 students
- JSerra Catholic High is a comprehensive four-year college preparatory high school enrolling approximately 1120 students in grades nine through twelve.
- Founded in 2003, it is the first lay founded, private Roman Catholic high school in California and the fourth in the country.
- There are 75 faculty members, 41% of whom hold advanced degrees. Grant aid is available to students based on need and was awarded to 18% of the student body. JSerra is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the Western Catholic Education Association. It is a member of the College Board and the National Catholic Educational Association. JSerra is recognized as a private, Roman Catholic high school by the Diocese of Orange County, California.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||1122 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||21 courses|
|Advanced Courses||23 Honors Courses Available, AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB/BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science A, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French Language, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Physics B, AP Physics C, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP U.S. Government, AP U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1643|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Students wear uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jul. 31|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,125|
|Tuition Notes||Additional expenses include: $65 application fee (one time), $550 registration fee.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Andy Sulick|
|Admissions Associate||Karen Testa|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water PoloBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||29 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||ASG-American Student Government, Academic Decathlon, American Red Cross Club, Band/Orchestra/Drum Line, Broadcast Journalism, Campus Ministry, Cheerleading/Pep Squad, Choir, Christian Service Program, Dance Team, Drama Club, Environmentality Club, Equestrian Sport Club Team, French Club, Habitat for Humanity, Haiti Club, Ice Hockey, Journalism, Lion Ambassador, Liturgical Band, Model United Nations, National Honor Society, Pep Squad, Peru Club, Photography Club, Spanish Club, Speech and Debate Club, Surf Club, Yearbook Choir, Dance Team, Drama Club, French Club, Haiti Club, Ice Hockey, Journalism, Pep Squad, Peru Club, Spanish Club, Surf Club, Yearbook, ASG-American Student Government,
American Red Cross Club,
Christian Service Program,
Equestrian Sport Club Team,
Habitat for Humanity,
Model United Nations,
National Honor Society,
Speech and Debate Club,
- JSerra offers a college preparatory curriculum integrated with the traditions and beliefs of the Roman Catholic doctrine. We strive to provide a well-rounded education putting an emphasis on the formation of the whole person - intellectually, spiritually, physically, and emotionally. The faculty creates a learning environment where students and their parents are encouraged to work cooperatively with the administration and teachers. We offer four magnet programs which help prepare students for the rigors of advanced education: Business Magnet Program, Engineering Magnet Program, Pre-Law Professional Magnet Program, and the Pre-Medical Professional Magnet Program. Religious education, the use of technology, extracurricular activities, and active involvement in Christian service projects are important facets in the students' overall educational experience.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San Juan CapistranoGrades: PK-12 | 440 students
32032 Del Obispo St
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
OrangeGrades: 9-12 | 1345 students
2222 North Santiago Blvd
Orange, CA 92867
FullertonGrades: 9-12 | 457 students
1340 N Acacia Ave
Fullerton, CA 92831
San Juan CapistranoGrades: PK-12 | 1252 students
31641 La Novia
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
Newport CoastGrades: 9-12 | 518 students
20402 Newport Coast Drive
Newport Coast, CA 92657
We are a freshman parent. So far we are very happy with the choice we made.
- Posted by Parent - Cat
we are strongly looking at our options for our daughter Gracie. She had a very positive response after her intial visit of the school and campus.
- Posted by Parent - mandd
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.