- The ground breaking ceremony for Toledo’s sixth Catholic high school took place on September 21, 1960, with Bishop George J. Rehring turning the first spadeful of earth.
- The school was named for Samuel Cardinal Stritch, Toledo’s second bishop during the years of 1921 through 1930.
- A twenty-acre site was chosen for the East Side area’s first co-institutional high school.
- One side of the school was reserved for boys’ classes, the other for girls’, with co-educational classes being held in the center sections.
- (The separate wings were integrated in 1967 when all classes became co-educational.) We, the Cardinal Stritch High School community, believe that the educational mission of the Catholic Church is to reveal the Gospel message, to promote the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, and to serve our youth and the entire human family.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||474 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ToledoGrades: 6-12 | 920 students
5901 Airport Hwy
Toledo, OH 43615
ToledoGrades: 9-12 | 631 students
2323 W Bancroft St
Toledo, OH 43607
ToledoGrades: K-12 | 347 students
4607 W Laskey Road
Toledo, OH 43623
ToledoGrades: NS-12 | 509 students
1715 S Reynolds Road
Toledo, OH 43614
MonclovaGrades: K-12 | 155 students
7819 Monclova Rd
Monclova, OH 43542