Grades: PK-11 | 30 students
- Keshet Day School provides education in specially adapted classes designed to meet students' specific educational needs.
- The Keshet Day Schools have achieved a national reputation as an outstanding program for children with developmental disabilities.
- When possible, students are integrated into host site's classes.
- Both academic and recreational integrated opportunities are based on individual's needs and abilities.
- Keshet students spend a large part of their day with the typically developing students of these schools.
- Educational programs are tailored to each child's personal abilities as prescribed in an individual curriculum.
- Social workers, psychologists and an integration coordinator work with teachers, aides and students.
- A specialist works with children who use computerized talking devices to speak, and also trains staff to enhance the students' communication skills.
- In addition, on-site occupational, physical and speech therapists work with those children needing these services.
- Several of our students are able to integrate into academic classes while some are integrated into art, music and physical education.
- All students are fully integrated for lunch and recess.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
Council for Exceptional Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-11|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Arlington HeightsGrades: 2-8 | 17 students
2525 E Oakton St
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
Blue IslandGrades: PK-12 | 16 students
1962 Broadway St
Blue Island, IL 60406
PalatineGrades: 2-12 | 60 students
865 E Wilmette Rd
Palatine, IL 60074
ChicagoGrades: NS | 19 students
1850 W Roosevelt Rd
Chicago, IL 60608
Des PlainesGrades: 4-12
1150 N River Rd
Des Plaines, IL 60016
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.