|School Type||Waldorf School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||360 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Wholesome, age-appropriate, weather-appropriate)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,250|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $1,500 to $21,250 depending on grade level. Financial Aid is available for students in grades K-12.|
|Admissions Director||Lisa Cordner|
|Admissions Associate||Tammi Stein|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Lacrosse,
- At Kimberton Waldorf School, we provide a rich academic curriculum taught through the prism of creative thinking. The reason is simple: Mathematics requires creative problem-solving skills. Physics requires creative problem-solving skills. And creating a sustainable future certainly requires creative problem-solving skills.
- The key is inspiration. This isn`t a new idea. Nor is it alternative. This is the wisdom of a nearly century-old approach to education that has become the fastest growing education movement worldwide.
- Inspired students are engaged learners. They are involved learners. They are interested learners. When they graduate from Kimberton to attend some of the nation`s leading universities, they do so as creative thinkers whose capacities for both analysis and imagination are not only treasured, but sought.
- Kimberton Waldorf School has produced Fulbright, Rhodes, and Truman Scholars; a National Book Award Winner; and a U.S. State Department Consul General.
- From early childhood education through the grade school and high school, Kimberton prepares children and young adults to meet the demands of the future by developing within them the tools to be nimble thinkers, creators, and doers.
- Waldorf Schools are private, independently funded schools, offering education ranging from pre-kindergarten through Grade 12, covering an age range from 4 years to 18 or 19 years old. Waldorf teachers strive to educate the human being through all three soul capacities of thinking, feeling and will. Students learn by encountering the world as experience. Waldorf Education is a developmentally appropriate, balanced education that integrates the arts and academics. Waldorf Education encourages the development of each child's sense of truth, beauty, and goodness; an antidote to violence, alienation, and cynicism. The aim of the education is to fully develop the capacities of each student and to inspire a love for lifelong learning.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WesttownGrades: 6-12 | 28 students
1120 E. Street Rd
Westtown, PA 19395
PaoliGrades: 5-12 | 159 students
19 E Central Ave
Paoli, PA 19301
West ChesterGrades: PK-12 | 632 students
975 Westtown Road
West Chester, PA 19382
AudubonGrades: 9-12 | 34 students
2600 Eisenhower Ave
Audubon, PA 19403
OxfordGrades: PK-8 | 387 students
1137 Shadyside Road
Oxford, PA 19363