Grades: NS-PK | 42 students
- Knollwood Preschool had an outstanding reputation in the San Fernando Valley for over 36 years.
- Betsy Stelck, the owner of Knollwood, has been in the education field for over 50 years.
- Del Stelck, Ph.D., co-owner of Knollwood, was a retired History Professor from CSUN. Many of our staff have been with Knollwood Preschool for over 10 years.
- We are proud to boast that three of our teachers were part of Knollwood for over 20 years! Most of our teachers have their B.A. or A.A. degrees in Early Childhood Education.
- Most of our teachers are mothers.
- Students teachers from CSUN and several local Community Colleges do student teaching at Knollwood.
- Nurturing children in the present while preparing them for the future is one of our main goals at Knollwood.
- We aim to help children blossom intellectually and emotionally while having purposeful fun along the way.
- When a child delights in learning, the door to a lifetime of discovery and adventure is opened.
- Within our program, we strive to meet each child's social, emotional, intellectual and physical developmental need.
- we believe that children are happy and secure when they have plenty of opportunities to succeed each day.
- Much of what we do is design to facilitate self-confidence and self-esteem.
- At Knollwood, the classroom curriculum, activities, and educational materials are appropriate for the age and developmental stage of the child.
- Information about the week's activities are posted in the classroom.
- We welcome your questions, your visits, and your participation in our program.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||42 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$695|
|Tuition Notes||Full time and part time|
|Admissions Director||Petra Branco|
Nearby Homes for Salerealtor.com™
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.