Grades: 6-12 | 559 students
- La Reina High School is dedicated to providing a Catholic education, which strives to help every student realize her worth and find her place in God's plan.
- In the spirit of the Gospel, and according to the educational principles of the Sisters of Notre Dame, La Reina helps each young woman discover, develop, and share the unique gifts God has given her.
- As a Notre Dame school that proclaims God's goodness, La Reina teaches the message of Christ, develops community and family spirit, and reaches out to those in need, both locally and universally.
- The curriculum is designed to prepare each student for a college education.
- It reflects the values of a traditional and classical education, and recognizes the demands of a technological world.
- La Reina helps students develop a global perspective, motivates their intellectual pursuits, nurtures their sensitivity and creativity, fosters their physical development, and prepares leaders who further goodness and justice in society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2013|
|Total Students||559 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Calculus, English Composition, English Literature, European History, Government, Macro Economics, Physics, Spanish, U.S. History, Biology, French, Psychology, Statistics, Studio Art 2D, Studio Art 3D, Studio Art Drawing|
|Average SAT score||1837|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,600|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly, quarterly, semester and annual payment plans available. Tuition does not include the non-refundable application fee of $100, non-refundable registration fee of $800, a non-refundable technology fee of $400, books, uniforms, etc.|
|Admissions Director||Sr. Rebekah Kennedy|
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer Cohen|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Dance,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||30 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Campus, Cooking, Creative, Culture, Dance, French, Future, Girls, God, Human, La, La, Literary, Mathletes, Mock, Model, Mouse, Political, Queen's, Regent, Regent, Regents, Robotics, Service, Spanish, Speech, Student, The, Yearbook Art, Campus, Cooking, Creative, Culture, Dance, French, Future, Girls, God, Human, La, La, Literary, Mathletes, Mock, Model, Mouse, Political, Queen's, Regent, Regent, Regents, Robotics, Service, Spanish, Speech, Student, The, Yearbook,|
- All four 2014 fall sports went undefeated and claimed CIF League Championships (Golf, Tennis, Cross Country & Volleyball)
- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 Mock Trial County and State Champions
- 2011 and 2012 Mock Trial World Champions
- More than 50% of all sophomores, juniors, and seniors take an AP course
- Average AP pass-rate for 2014 was 93%
- All high school level courses and electives are approved by the University of California
- All graduates of La Reina meet the University of California's entry requirements
- Vex Robotics State Champions
- La Reina students donated over 15.000 Christian Service hours last year
- Over $6.5M in college or university scholarships were offered to the graduates of the Class of 2014
- The average SAT score for La Reina High School's Class of 2014 was 1747 (261 points above national average for girls)
- 100% of La Reina's graduates are accepted to college
Profile last updated: 08/24/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Westlake VillageGrades: 5-12 | 1560 students
31749 La Tienda Rd
Westlake Village, CA 91362
Simi ValleyGrades: 7-12 | 446 students
1350 Cherry Avenue
Simi Valley, CA 93065
Thousand OaksGrades: PK-12 | 342 students
384 Erbes Rd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
Canoga ParkGrades: 9-12 | 1315 students
7500 Chaminade Avenue
Canoga Park, CA 91304
VenturaGrades: 9-12 | 551 students
3167 Telegraph Rd
Ventura, CA 93003
I love it here! One thing I love about La Reina is that you are easily able to create your own clubs! Also, the number of sports available to the middle school is a lot compared to the public schools in the area. My old school only had track for girls and that was it. Also, I love the small class sizes! Some of my classes have 15 kids in them while my old school had a whooping 36 kids in each class! The Counseling here is great too! Everybody is so nice and for the short time I've been here, I've gotten some really close friends. There seems to be no serious bullying at all and everybody accepts eachother. There was someone in my grade that bragged alot but the teachers did something about it instead of just sitting there liketeachers at my old school did.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Student
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.