Grades: PK-3 | 275 students
- Here at St. Marys Visitation School, formation and education are equally important.
- Students are taught to know the love of God in their own lives, respect and love one another, and to serve God in our community.
- The teaching staff at St. Marys Visitation School is fully degreed, certified and experienced.
- Our school strives for academic excellence in reading, writing, mathematics and science.
- The school staff is committed to inspiring each student to reach their full potential both academically and spiritually.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||275 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admissions Director||Sister Carmencita|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Youth Group, Meeting Site for Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, and Brownies Youth Group, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, and Brownies, Meeting Site for Boy Scouts,
- St. Marys Visitation School offers a low teacher to student ratio. We take pride in our ability to know all of our parents and students. Our staff is committed to working with our parents in providing a quality Catholic education to all students. Working together allows our student to prosper.
- St. Marys Visitation School is affordable. St. Marys tuition is one of the lowest of all elementary schools in the Diocese of Scranton. Financial Aid is provided to many of our students and St. Marys is proud to provide the most number of scholarships of all elementary school in the Diocese. Fund raising options are also available to help defray the tuition fee.
- One of the many features of St. Marys Visitation School is our after school program which runs from 2:15 until 5:30 pm. This program provides a warm and safe environment for students in pre-school through grade 5 on a full-time or part-time basis.
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.