Grades: 6-12 | 459 students
- La Salle Institute is a Catholic school, established in 1850 in Troy, New York, by the Brothers of the Christian Schools, serving young men in grades six through twelve.
- The mission of La Salle is to educate its students in a loving, caring, supportive environment to inspire them to become moral, responsible, and productive members of their communities with a commitment to truth, honor, and duty.
- La Salle accomplishes this through excellence in teaching by a dedicated staff and through imparting Christian values in the tradition of our Founder, St. John Baptist de la Salle.
- This responsibility is shared by all members of the Lasallian community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||459 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AlbanyGrades: 6-12 | 400 students
12 Airline Dr
Albany, NY 12205
WynantskillGrades: 7-12 | 69 students
Po Box 219
Wynantskill, NY 12198
RensselaerGrades: NS-12 | 252 students
199 Washington Avenue
Rensselaer, NY 12144
TroyGrades: PK-12 | 113 students
260 Oakwood Ave
Troy, NY 12182
TroyGrades: 9-12 | 335 students
285 Pawling Avenue
Troy, NY 12180
La Salle Institute is unlike any other school I have ever dealt with. The teachers and administration are second to none. My son went to La Salle 6 years ago, he still talks of the profound impact La Salle had on him. He originally was struggling at a public school in. I knew it was time for a change, so I looked at other schools such as Christian Brother Academy, Doane Stuart, and the Albany Academies, but none could compare to La Salle. Not only did he bring his grades and blossom academically, he also blossomed socially. He also took part in football as an extra curricular activity. Football was also a great experience for him, it gave him so much confidence and made him so happy. He met many friends through the football program and La Salle itself that he still has today. Overall, it was a great journey for my son. I would without a doubt recommend La Salle to any parents in the Capital District for their children. It did wonders for my son.
- Posted by Parent - potco
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.