Grades: 6-12 | 459 students
- La Salle Institute is a Catholic school, established in 1850 in Troy, New York, by the Brothers of the Christian Schools, serving young men in grades six through twelve.
- The mission of La Salle is to educate its students in a loving, caring, supportive environment to inspire them to become moral, responsible, and productive members of their communities with a commitment to truth, honor, and duty.
- La Salle accomplishes this through excellence in teaching by a dedicated staff and through imparting Christian values in the tradition of our Founder, St. John Baptist de la Salle.
- This responsibility is shared by all members of the Lasallian community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||459 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AlbanyGrades: 6-12 | 400 students
12 Airline Dr
Albany, NY 12205
Hoosick FallsGrades: PK-8 | 129 students
4 Parsons Ave
Hoosick Falls, NY 12090
WynantskillGrades: 7-12 | 69 students
Po Box 219
Wynantskill, NY 12198
RensselaerGrades: NS-12 | 252 students
199 Washington Avenue
Rensselaer, NY 12144
TroyGrades: PK-12 | 113 students
260 Oakwood Ave
Troy, NY 12182
La Salle Institute is unlike any other school I have ever dealt with. The teachers and administration are second to none. My son went to La Salle 6 years ago, he still talks of the profound impact La Salle had on him. He originally was struggling at a public school in. I knew it was time for a change, so I looked at other schools such as Christian Brother Academy, Doane Stuart, and the Albany Academies, but none could compare to La Salle. Not only did he bring his grades and blossom academically, he also blossomed socially. He also took part in football as an extra curricular activity. Football was also a great experience for him, it gave him so much confidence and made him so happy. He met many friends through the football program and La Salle itself that he still has today. Overall, it was a great journey for my son. I would without a doubt recommend La Salle to any parents in the Capital District for their children. It did wonders for my son.
- Posted by Parent - potco
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.