Grades: 5-12 | 13 students
- Lafayette School & Treatment Center was established in August 1999 in Charlottesville, Virginia to serve children and adolescents with emotional and behavioral problems in a therapeutic day school environment.
- The school was founded on the principle that many youth with emotional and behavioral problems can be effectively treated and maintained in their home community in an intensive program that combines special education and therapeutic intervention.
- Lafayette School & Treatment Center serves children and adolescents with emotional disturbance, behavioral disturbance, and/or mental illness in a structured special education and treatment program.
- Our philosophy is that all students have the capacity for learning and growth, regardless of their disability.
- The goal of the program is to provide students with the skills necessary to return to a less restrictive school environment.
- This includes having healthy relationships with adults and peers and functioning effectively in school and society.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Total Students||13 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.