Grades: 5-12 | 13 students
- Lafayette School & Treatment Center was established in August 1999 in Charlottesville, Virginia to serve children and adolescents with emotional and behavioral problems in a therapeutic day school environment.
- The school was founded on the principle that many youth with emotional and behavioral problems can be effectively treated and maintained in their home community in an intensive program that combines special education and therapeutic intervention.
- Lafayette School & Treatment Center serves children and adolescents with emotional disturbance, behavioral disturbance, and/or mental illness in a structured special education and treatment program.
- Our philosophy is that all students have the capacity for learning and growth, regardless of their disability.
- The goal of the program is to provide students with the skills necessary to return to a less restrictive school environment.
- This includes having healthy relationships with adults and peers and functioning effectively in school and society.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Total Students||13 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WinchesterGrades: 6-12 | 75 students
Po Box 3160
Winchester, VA 22604
175 Hickory St
Charlottesville, VA 22902
CharlottesvilleGrades: NS-12 | 830 students
2132 Ivy Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.