- At Lake Forest Country Day School, we are dedicated to providing the best possible educational environment for our students in preschool through eighth grade by remaining committed to our mission to building students of strong character with a passion for learning.
- Our mission is: Inspired teaching, academic rigor, attention to individual needs, a commitment to responsible citizenship.
- These principles infuse every aspect of life at Lake Forest Country Day School and define our dedication to producing students of strong character with a passion for learning. Our teachers and parents work together in the belief that each person in our community is of unique and infinite value and that a rigorous academic program responsive to the interest and readiness of each student is the foundation for a lifetime of learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||417 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Lands End School Clothing Program)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$4,135 to $23,550|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Judith Arnstein|
|Admissions Associate||Lisa Horstmann|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Field Hockey, Football,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Chorus, Yearbook Band, Chorus, Yearbook,|
- Lake Forest Country Day School delivers a diverse and rich educational experience grounded in academics, arts, and athletics to two-year-old through eighth-grade students. The LFCDS Advantage ensures that talented teachers will inspire and challenge individual students at the top of their abilities, according to their needs. At LFCDS, students from over 30 communities thrive in a state-of-the-art, hands-on learning environment that encourages self-expression and confidence through inspired teaching, academic rigor, individualized attention, and responsible citizenship. Two important beliefs are at the heart of the teaching philosophy: social and emotional development is inextricably linked with academic achievement; and experiential learning creates a foundation for deeper understanding.
- According to Head of School Bob Whelan, "Teaching and learning are not by rote here. The classrooms, technology offerings, laboratories, art spaces and playing fields all serve as vital staging grounds for a rich program, designed to prepare LFCDS graduates to be compassionate, independent thinkers with a strong sense of personal integrity and intellectual curiosity." Highlighted by a better than 7:1 student/faculty ratio, an LFCDS education sets the stage for a bright future in secondary school and beyond, with twenty percent of LFCDS graduates attending colleges and universities ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News and World Report.
- For more information about the LFCDS Advantage, please visit www.lfcds.org or call the Admission Office at (847) 615-6151. LFCDS will host two upcoming Open Houses on Thursday, October 15, and on Tuesday, November 17. To register for an Open House, please call (847) 615-6151 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LFCDS will also host a Fall Special Speaker Series with two New York Times best-sellers at the school that will be open to the public. On Tuesday, September 29, Dr. Michael Thompson, author of Raising Cain: Protecting the Emotional Life of Boys, will share insights on helping children to navigate success in school and life. Dr. Ned Hallowell, author of The Childhood Roots of Adult Happiness, will visit LFCDS on Wednesday, October 21 to offer advice on raising happy children (and remaining sane) in an ultra-competitive, ultrafast, attention-deficit society. To register visit: www.lfcds.org/speakerseries.