- Lake Mead Christian Academy offers excellent education that is distinctively Christian to students as young as six-weeks old up to 12th grade.
- We offer a competative athletic program as well as foreign language, fine arts, technology and local and global outreach programs.
- LMCA started its Apple 1-to-1 Program in 2007 and was one of the first schools to implement a 1-to-1 laptop program at the high school level in Nevada.
- In 2008, we added the program to middle school.
- We believe that technology, as a tool, has the ability to drastically change teaching and learning, and when coupled with students having laptops (available 24/7), our students are empowered for their future.
- In addition, our preschool and elementary have consistent access to iPads.
- ABOUT US: LMCA began with 24 students and 4 staff members in 1989.
- We are the first and oldest kindergarten through 12th grade private school in Henderson. In 2016 LMCA opened our North Campus for our Middle & High School. This campus houses a football field, 1.4 acres, and over 24 classrooms.
- The founding administrator, Mrs. Sue Blakeley, continues to lead the Lake Mead Christian Ministries team.
- Combined with many long-term staff members, the LMCM family contribute on a daily basis to the accomplishment of our mission and core values.
- Lake Mead Christian Ministries exist to make disciples of Jesus Christ through education and community.
- Our vision is to glorify God as we join Him in developing Christ-centered individuals with godly character. Core Values: Love Security Quality Accessibility.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||809 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||Full Year - can be paid in monthly installments K5 - 5th Grade $5,935 6th - 8th Grade $6,865 9th - 12th Grade $7,565 Child Care Rates Nursery: $180 per week PK2: $150 per week (2 years old on or before the first day of school)|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jaimee Thomason|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Community Service, Creative Writing Club, Disaster Relief, Drama Department, Fitness Club, Garden Club, Global Outreach, Music Lessons, Student Government Chess Club, Fitness Club, Garden Club, Music Lessons, Community Service,
Creative Writing Club,
- Lake Mead Christian Academy provides education and child care for infants through 12th grade. Our 2016/2017 enrollment is 775 students. Each year a high percentage (ranging 88-98%) of LMCA's graduating seniors go on to enter colleges. A strong number qualify for scholarship opportunities. This is impresive when you consider that LMCA does not pretest students to qualify for admission. Our student base represents students of many ability levels. LMCA admits students of any race, color, nationality, and ethnic origin.
- Organizational Affiliations:
- Lake Mead Christian Academy is a private Christian school overseen by a Board of Directors. We are registered as a Nevada corporation. We are recognized as a private exempt school by the Nevada Department of Education assuring that each grade level completed or credit earned is fully transferable. LMCA is a long-term member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). We are 7-12th ACSI accredited. We are members of the Nevada Interscholastic Athletic Association (NIAA) Division AA for high school sports and members in other leagues for elementary and middle school sports. We are members of the Henderson Chamber of Commerce and actively participate in community events.
- In 1995, LMCA was the grateful recipient of 5.6 acres of land by the LandWell Company. Two major building projects fully built out the campus with over 60,000 square feet of permanent buildings which include over 40 classrooms and offices, along with a commercial cafeteria, full service coffee shop, gymnasium and maintenance building. Spiritual Life LMCA is a non-denominational school with over 50 different area churches represented among our families and staff. Biblical principles are the foundation for all subjects taught at LMCA. All students attend daily Bible classes and weekly chapel services. We use the English Standard Version Bible for our Bible classes. We are now in the process of expanding our North campus. This will include a football field, gymnasium, MPR and add 16 classrooms for 7-12th grade students.
- Technology 1 to 1 Apple Computer Program (6-12)
- Fine Arts (1-12)
- Community Service Opportunities (1-12)
- Global Outreach and Training (1-12)
- Athletics (5-12) Student Government (6-12)
- Distance Learning Classes (4-12)
- Biblical Worldview (All grades)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HendersonGrades: NS-12 | 767 students
711 Valle Verde Court
Henderson, NV 89014
HendersonGrades: PK-8 | 423 students
1165 Sandy Ridge Avenue
Henderson, NV 89052
HendersonGrades: K-12 | 89 students
2615 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89052
HendersonGrades: PK-12 | 38 students
Po Box 530910
Henderson, NV 89053
HendersonGrades: PK-12 | 460 students
2100 Olympic Avenue
Henderson, NV 89014
There is no other Christian school in this city that "feels" like LMCA feels when you walk through those front doors!! (Trust me, we spent 6 yrs at one & I've toured at least half dozen others) We enrolled our son at LMCA at the beginning of his 7th grade year. He is a Junior now and there is no other place he would rather be! The school just opened their second campus this year and our family feels so blessed to be a part of the expansion! We have a vested interest in the success of LMCA, even AFTER our son graduates :) Want to know more? Call and schedule a tour to see for yourself what an amazing place LMCA is. They truly want to help your child succeed. Whether it be academically, socially, physically or spiritually, they are the whole package!!
- Posted by Parent - lee.j
I must say that I am very happy with this school. My two children have been attending since K4 and they are now in the 3rd and 5th grades. It's not just the level of education that they are getting, but it is the level of understanding and love that my kids get really creates an environment for them to excel. I have friends with children in the public school system, and I can't dream of putting my kids there. I support this school 100%. Thank you LMCA
- Posted by Parent - simon
This is our sons first year at LMCA (7th Grade) and we couldn't be happier! We are extremely pleased with the level of academics, teacher knowledge and care, as well as the extra-curricular activities offered. LMCA is Christ-Centered in everything they do, but with a great "world view" that gives the children true perspective.
- Posted by Parent - lee
My daughters are currently in their second year of elementary school at LMCA. I couldn't ask for a more supportive environment for my children. We switched to LMCA after having tried our best with the local public school and finally left after my frustration with an apathetic principal, less than challenging curriculum, and insane class sizes. LMCA offers a challenging curriculum. You aren't getting the high powered curriculum you would get at some other private schools, but unless you want to pay 3 times the price, you can't beat it. It is definitely more challenging than public school curriculum. The small class sizes, a school community with similar values regarding education, and wonderful teachers make LMCA a jewel. The only reason I did not give a 5 star rating is due to the fact that I feel more hands-on learning, and less worksheets, could be used. I do see more inventive instruction being implemented at this time so I am hoping this trend continues. We aren't an overly religious family but LMCA was a good fit for us. A caring staff, dedicated faculty, a quality education, and an involved school community makes LMCA a wonderful decision for any family.
- Posted by Parent - Sadme
LMCA has changed my family's life. Without the love and support from this school, my family wouldn't be the same. The education along with the great biblical teaching is amazing. Each year, my kids are so excited to start the year!
- Posted by Parent - brook
This is year six for my daughter and our son is in his fourth year. Some complain of the cost, trust me for a private education in a state that ranks at the bottom, the cost is minimal. Lake Mead serves us well with a balance of Christian teaching and mentoring, with scholastic studies in a smaller manageable classroom sizes. Not every private school will be able to meet every parents personal needs or desires. You need to be realistic and also visit other private schools, compare and find the right fit for your family. The student dress code is appropriate, the cheerleaders uniform length SHOULD be longer (it's currently the same as public schools). I find the teachers to be attentive, well educated, caring and in complete control of their classrooms upon numerous unannounced classroom visits. Parent involvement is surprisingly strong. Go inspect the condition of the school's facilities, meet with the staff, review the student academic programs. Obtain documentation, get all the answers to any of your concerns. Do your own research, and investigation, listen to your head and your heart, then make your choice.
- Posted by Parent - linco
LMCA is a hidden gem in the Henderson/Las Vegas Valley. There are so many wonderful things about the school that make it unique. One of the things our family loves most about LMCA is that it accepts kids of all faiths. They are there to minister to ALL kids and of ALL ages. Is it a perfect school? No, but it is an amazing school!!! The Alumni go off to college and after graduation they return to teach and serve in the ministry they love. I suggest you go to LMCA for a tour and make your own opinion about the school. See it in action, meet the wonderful staff, teachers and even observe the students. This school is not about the money, yes there are cost and expenses that every private school has but the staff is there to serve God. My kids never stepped foot in public school, I have seen parents who made the decision to let there kids go to public school but I have also seen them come back per their child's request. It is far from a "typical school", both of my kids are in college and doing extremely well and were very prepared for college. They also prepared them to defend their faith in the world.
- Posted by Parent - dee
LMCA is a wonderful private school in the Henderson area. My girls have thrived tremendously since attending LMCA. The teachers are amazing and have a true calling for what they do. We have never been to a school that should so much love and support for their students. Best decision we have made in regards to our girls education.
- Posted by Parent - bmatt
LMCA has been a wonderful blessing for our family. I have two step children who are attending LMCA this year. They are so happy to be here and seeing them excited to go to school really says a lot about the love this school shows everyone. We are excited to be a part of the new building project taking place later this year across the street. LMCA is a growing school due to the environment and education our children are receiving.
- Posted by Parent - dwees
Both my children had an amazing year at LMCA. After transferring from another school, I cannot say what a breath of fresh air this school has been. The teachers really care, and the administration has been taking huge strides in aligning the staff and mission. I heard so much "here say" both good and bad, and I must say LMCA is moving in the right directions. I cannot wait for next year.
- Posted by Parent - jthom
LMCA is a winning school! We have been attending lmca since the age of 4 and now are entering into 4th grade 2013/2014. Public schools shy away from Christ/Religion. Humanity is losing ethics, kindness, a sence of worth and responsibilities to one another. Having 2 Adult children go through the public system in Clark County; I have seen 1st hand how non-Christian influences can carry your child away to a world that is difficult to return from. The cost is more affordable when you compare it to what the "mature" kids in public schhols will teach your kids! My daughter looks forward everyday to LMCA. LMCA is my answer to prayer.
- Posted by Parent - patty
From the office to every teacher and assistant our daughter has had, our entire experience with LMCA has been outstanding. It means the world to a mother and father to know their child is truly enjoying the learning experience. Each day, she is full of joy and love from her experiences at school. This is due to her amazing teachers. We truly love and appreciate the leadership and love that LMCA has to offer! Much Love, The Ngo Family
- Posted by Parent - ashle
Nursery teachers are informative and caring. Clean and safe grounds. Happy to have found this place.
- Posted by Parent - pures
After two miserable years at public school my parents transferred me to LMCA. I''m incredably greatful that they did. At LMCA for the first time I got to be a part of athletics, even though I may have not been the best! I had a sense of belonging I never felt in public school. I sang in the choir, I was in the drama team we went on retreats and school trips. Not only did LMCA lead me to my salvation they also made me the person I am today. I 100 percent recommend this school to everyone.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Dagod
LMCA is a school that does not compromise and is true to their mission. It does not hold back on its goals for the children and their families. If you want a Christian education that is strong and produces students who not only do well in college but can stand firm in their faith, apply today!
- Posted by Parent - mblak
This school has been amazing for my family. I have three children attending here and we love the community and education this school offers our children.
- Posted by Parent - julys
This was our first year at LMCA, and it has been a great year! The teachers are all wonderful, the sports program is awesome, and the missions week is wonderful. I honestly can not think one negative thing, it has been an amazing year!!
- Posted by Parent - sx2sm