- Lake Michigan Academy's Mission: Transforming lives by empowering students with learning differences to achieve their full potential.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Disabilities, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia|
|Total Students||44 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,600|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition dependent on part-time ($10,000) or full-time ($12,600) status and financial assistance is available. Mid-year enrollment will receive pro-rated tuition discount.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Nanette Clatterbuck|
|Admissions Associate||Natalie Tassell|
- Lake Michigan Academy is a state-recognized, non-profit non-public school for children with learning disabilities and ADD/ ADHD in grades 1-12. Our philosophy can be summed up in the phrase "different learning. different teaching" and our goal is to develop potential by breaking through learning challenges and helping students find success.
- We are the only school in West Michigan devoted solely to educating children with learning disabilities (LD) and ADHD.
- We customize our curriculum for each student based on their strengths and weaknesses to help each student discover their potential.
- We combine small class sizes with positive attitudes to improve student self-esteem and self-confidence and promote social skills.
- Students leave Lake Michigan Academy either college ready or work place ready as determined by their individual needs and plans/goals.
- Lake Michigan Academy graduates receive a state endorsed high school diploma meeting the same requisite standards of a traditional Michigan high school.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grand RapidsGrades: PK-8 | 222 students
2750 Burton St Se
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Grand RapidsGrades: PK-12 | 540 students
810 Van Raalte Dr Sw
Grand Rapids, MI 49509
Byron CenterGrades: NS-12 | 282 students
7555 Byron Center Avenue SW
Byron Center, MI 49315
CaledoniaGrades: PK-8 | 497 students
6729 Hanna Lake Avenue Se
Caledonia, MI 49316
Grand RapidsGrades: PK-6 | 118 students
1110 College Ne
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Our son started here this year and the transformation has been dramatic. Where he was a "deer in the headlights" at our local elementary he now is learning at a pace he can handle, talking about school and really blossoming. If you have a child with LD and or ADHD I would highly recommend it.
- Posted by Parent - wagen