Grades: 2-8 | 145 students
Landmark is a coeducational boarding and day school offering a full range of customized programs for students with language-based learning disabilities such as dyslexia.
With a college preparatory high school, a middle school, and an elementary school, Landmark is one of the most comprehensive schools serving students with language-based learning disabilities in the United States.
Landmark accepts bright students who are emotionally healthy, motivated to learn, but need remedial help with reading, writing, spelling, listening, speaking as well as mathematics.
With a 1:3 teacher-student ratio, the key to Landmark's successful model is the daily one-to-one tutorial.
A customized tutorial curriculum is designed to remediate specific language needs, which may encompass decoding, fluency, phonological awareness, written composition, and organizational skills.
In addition, Landmark offers a Summer Program which combines intensive, academic skill development with recreational activities.
A customized program including a daily one-to-one tutorial is designed for each student to improve reading, writing, spelling and study skills.
The Summer Program accepts students in grades 1-12, who possess average to superior intelligence, a history of healthy emotional development, and have been diagnosed with a language-based learning disability.
Situated on two beautiful campuses just 25 miles north of Boston, students take advantage of its North Shore location and its many cultural opportunities.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
National Independent Private Schools Association
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based Learning Disability|
|Total Students||145 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Khaki pants and collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$49,200|
|Admissions Director||Carolyn Orsini Nelson|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,
Track and Field
- Founded in 1971, Landmark School is a coeducational boarding and day school with elementary, middle, and college preparatory high school programs for students with language-based learning disabilities (LBLD).
- Our students are emotionally healthy, motivated to learn and possess average to superior intelligence.
- With a teacher/student ratio of 1:3, Landmark emphasizes daily one-to-one tutorials and an individualized approach to teaching. We focus on skill acquisition and achievement and 92% of Landmark graduates go on to college.
- Students enjoy competitive athletics, performing arts, visual and practical arts, technology electives, clubs and community service.
- The Residential Life Program offers a structured, supportive living and learning environment.
- Summer programs for students in grades 1-12 combine academic skill development with recreational and hands-on activities.
- Landmark is located on two campuses along Boston's beautiful North Shore.
- Landmark is a pioneer in the field of LBLD.
- Landmark's mission includes an extensive Outreach Program of Professional Development courses, workshops and publications for educators, administrators, clinicians and parents.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BeverlyGrades: NS-8 | 138 students
701 Cabot St.
Beverly, MA 01915
Manchester By The SeaGrades: PK-KG | 22 students
62 School St
Manchester By The Sea, MA 01944
ManchesterGrades: PK-8 | 374 students
One Brookwood Road
Manchester, MA 01944
BeverlyGrades: K-8 | 219 students
74 Hart St
Beverly, MA 01915
Prides CrossingGrades: 9-12 | 300 students
429 Hale St Box 227
Prides Crossing, MA 01965
School is doing an excellent job with my daughter who is twelve. This is her second year. Not only are the teachers patient but her advisors and councilors are very caring. Other than the distance from where we live, I have no complaints and would recommend the school highly.
- Posted by Parent - steph
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.