Grades: PK-8 | 324 students
- LaSalle Academy, with a faculty and staff of 40 extraordinary people for its 375 students is a Catholic/Private elementary school 8 miles outside of Scranton, Pennsylvania.
- The Primary Campus (grades Pre K-3) is housed in Dickson City at the former St. Mary's Visitation and the Main Campus (grades4-8) is located in Jessup at the former LaSalle Academy and Holy Ghost.
- The school, with it's exemplary academic, sports and extra curricular programs provides the ultimate educational experience as well as character and spiritual development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||324 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross CountryBasketball, Bowling,
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Choir, Drama Club, First in Math, Science Fair, Technology Fair, Forensics, Math Club, Natioinal Junior Honor Society, Newspaper, Reading/Book Club, Student Council, Technology Club, Yearbook Band, Choir, Drama Club, Forensics, Math Club, Newspaper, Yearbook, First in Math, Science Fair, Technology Fair,
Natioinal Junior Honor Society,
- In the spirit of St. John Baptist de La Salle, who taught that the Christian education of youth and the cultivation of that spirit of faith, piety, and obedience which should characterize its members be evident, we are grateful to God for all He bestows upon us. LaSalle Academy, along with its fully Pennsylvania State Certified faculty and administration is a newly reorganized, bright and beautiful elementary school. High standards are evident in clean airy hallways where student displays reflect progress, effort and much pride. Teacher planning and lesson execution is highly visible in all classrooms, and bulletin boards highlight the school's Catholic identity as well as its committment to fostering academic excellence. Teachers are clearly positive role models who enjoy each other and their students. Friendly greetings and smiles are contagious all through out the hallways and classrooms. There is a mutual respect among administration, faculty, staff, students, and parents which creates both professional and personal satisfaction, trust and a healthy morale. Parents, parent advisors and relatives of our school family feel comfortable coming to the school, and are frequently spotted coming and going from appointments, conferences and fund raising discusiions. LaSalle Academy is clearly aware of its need, but moreso content and comfortable with its desire ,to welcome parent input as well as support, and seeks volunteers to assist the school in its varied activities and sporting events.
- Academic Curriculum: Pennsylvania State mandated academic curriculum in which standards and benchmarks are followed on each level.K-3 Self Contained classrooms with plenty of room, current workbooks, certified early childhood instructors and teacher's aides.
- 4-8 Program Grades 4 and 5 rotate classes in a semi departmentalized manner to transition for Junior high. Daily classes include:
- Religion, Reading, Math, Social Studies, Science, English, Spelling Weekly Classes. Library, Computer, Physical Education,Art and Music.
- Junior High Curriculum
- Fully Departmentalized Organization,Religion: Roman Catholic and Byzantine Catholic, English, Average and Advanced Science, Average and Advanced Math, English, Literature, Social Studies and Spanish.
- Specials: Art, Computers, Spanish, Library, Physical Education and Music
- Affiliations: National Junior Honor Society Student Council National Catholic Education Association ASCD National Science Teacher's Association. National Reading Association
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.