Grades: 9-12 | 77 students
Lawrence Hall is a not-for-profit child welfare agency established to assist at-risk youth and their families through a seamless delivery of services designed to develop the self-worth, knowledge, and skills they need to lead independent and productive lives.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers
Alternative School Network
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||77 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Golf, SwimmingBaseball, Basketball,
- For more than 25 years Lawrence Hall Youth ServicesÃ¯Â¿Â½ fully-accredited Therapeutic Day School has partnered with public school systems to educate students with emotional challenges, behavioral disorders, and learning disabilities that inhibit success in the public school setting.
- The philosophy of Lawrence HallÃ¯Â¿Â½s school is to help each student achieve their maximum potential by providing individualized programs to improve the academic, emotional, and social performance. Our students participate in academics while receiving specialized care through our unique therapeutic programs including arts education, culinary arts, service learning and recreation. We help them develop the skills and resources they need to return to the public school setting, enter the workforce, college or a vocational program.
- The schoolÃ¯Â¿Â½s specialized curriculum provides accredited year-round educational and vocational services from elementary through the high school level. Academic and social skills training occur in a small therapeutic environment with a student-teacher ratio of 5 to 1. The academic program at Lawrence Hall Youth Services is aligned with the Illinois Learning Standards and is modified to meet the needs of special education students. Upon graduation, students leave with a High School Diploma reflecting completion of the required classroom credit hours as well as their Service Learning obligation.
- The School uses the Classroom Community Model as a framework for student behavior. In a classroom community, student outcomes include more than learning reading, writing, and arithmetic. Students learn to accept individual and social responsibility, to be self-disciplined, to make difficult decisions, to practice non-violent conflict resolution, and to help others do the same.
- Lawrence HallÃ¯Â¿Â½s school has an 85% attendance rate and a 95% graduation rate, compared to 59% for Chicago Public School students. Additionally, 1 in 10 students is able to return to the public school system. A strong academic program taught within a Classroom Community Model, with supportive services and electives that meet the individual needs of each student makes Lawrence HallÃ¯Â¿Â½s Therapeutic Day school unique and successful with students who would have otherwise fallen through the cracks in the educational system.
Profile last updated: 01/17/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
4925 N Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60625
NilesGrades: 5-12 | 77 students
6935 W Touhy Ave
Niles, IL 60714
ChicagoGrades: 9-12 | 20 students
10211 S Crandon Ave
Chicago, IL 60617
October 25, 2016
Among the many forms which you must complete when applying to private school is something called The Candidate Statement. Here's what it is involved in preparing this document.
October 19, 2016
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
October 18, 2016
Submit your employment application the way a Swiss watch craftsman builds a watch. With precision and accuracy.