Grades: K-6 | 88 students
Lawrence School is a coeducational day school serving bright students in grades K-12 with language-based learning differences and attention deficits.
Our mission is to teach students who have distinct learning styles, ignite their potential, and inspire academic and social success. We specialize in educating students who learn differently by accepting and affirming their unique learning styles, supporting them through their academic journey, and inspiring and motivating them to excel beyond what they would believe imaginable.
It is our goal to empower each student to explore their unique learning styles in order to gain the ability and confidence to successfully advocate for themselves, both in the classroom and in life beyond Lawrence School.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Supports all Language-Based Learning Differences and/or Attention Deficit Disorders|
|Total Students||88 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Students wear clothing from Lands End School Uniform catalog)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $16,000 to $21,546 depending on grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Douglas Hamilton|
|Admissions Associate||Glenda Bolling|
- Is your bright child struggling in school? Lawrence School's proven methods for unique learners in Grades K-12 can help.
- At Lawrence, students with dyslexia, ADHD and other language-based learning differences receive an education that teaches to their distinct learning styles, ignites their potential, and inspires academic and social success. As a result, students who previously struggled in the classroom are suddenly engaged, motivated and confident in their ability to be successful learners.
- Children with learning differences have the ability to learn as well as anyone else. When they are educated in an environment that honors their individual learning styles, they succeed – even excel — and go on to experience achievement in schools, colleges and careers. Today, thousands of our children—born with the intelligence and talent to build great bridges, create new art, triumph in the business world and contribute greatly to our society—are struggling academically. But given the opportunity to learn and grow in a unique environment, these students are able to unlock their potential and succeed.
- At Lawrence School, we understand the unique needs – academic, social and emotional — of students with learning differences and attention deficits. Our specialized programs and methods are designed to help these students build confidence, advocate for themselves, and reach their full potential.
- There are over 300 schools like Lawrence across the country — but only one in northeast Ohio. If it is time for you and your child to discover success both inside and outside the classroom, consider learning at Lawrence.
Profile last updated: 10/23/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Gates MillsGrades: PK-12 | 653 students
34001 Cedar Rd
Gates Mills, OH 44040
SolonGrades: PK-8 | 444 students
33200 Baldwin Rd
Solon, OH 44139
ClevelandGrades: NS-8 | 189 students
27575 Shaker Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44124
ClevelandGrades: NS-12 | 115 students
22001 Fairmount Blvd
Cleveland, OH 44118
Broadview HeightsGrades: PK-8 | 246 students
9183 Broadview Road
Broadview Heights, OH 44147