|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||820 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 63%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||110 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||IB Courses offered in Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Systems, Music, Theatre, Visual Arts, Standard Level Math, Math Studies, English, History, Psychology, French, Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese|
|Average SAT score||1800|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,685|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Souza|
|Admissions Associate||Cindy Herndon|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Kayaking, Sailing, Soccer, Surf Team, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, Water PoloBasketball, Cross Country,
Soccer, Surf Team,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
The School, in partnership with the family, strives to accomplish its mission by:
- Believing that high expectations and high standards are important in academics and in personal ethics, integrity, and behavior.
- Providing unified, coherent, and engaging academic and extracurricular programs that encourage co-operative learning, support multiple learning styles, and foster a global perspective.
- Creating a nurturing, challenging and supportive community that embraces and celebrates diversity.
- Valuing and emphasizing the development of positive character, the making of healthy choices, and the giving of service to others.
- Expecting that the daily interaction of students and adults will be marked by kindness, civility, generosity, and mutual respect.
- Maintaining a safe, friendly, and healthy environment in which students have the opportunity to be mindful of themselves and their learning.
Le Jardin Academy strives to develop students who are:
- Independent learners, who are knowledgeable and balanced in academics, arts, foreign language, and physical education.
- Critical and creative thinkers, who are able to conduct inquiry and research, make decisions, develop strategies, and solve problems.
- Effective and open-minded communicators, who take risks and are able to express ideas through verbal, written, technological, and artistic expression.
- Productive and reflective community members, who are caring and respectful of the feelings and ideas of others.
- Responsible and principled global citizens, who understand and appreciate cultural and ideological diversity and the need to protect and preserve our fragile environment.
Profile last updated: 06/03/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HonoluluGrades: K-12 | 3751 students
1601 Punahou St.
Honolulu, HI 96822
Pearl CityGrades: PK-6 | 290 students
1840 Komo Mai Drive
Pearl City, HI 96782
KaneoheGrades: PK-8 | 260 students
Po Box 1633
Kaneohe, HI 96744
MililaniGrades: PK-12 | 711 students
94-294 Anania Drive
Mililani, HI 96789
Kailua KonaGrades: K-12 | 135 students
74-4966 Kealakaa Street
Kailua Kona, HI 96740