Grades: 9-12 | 269 students
- Lee Academy was founded in 1845 by strong-minded people who were determined to provide an educational institution for the growing region.
- We began as a school to train teachers for the many rural schools that dotted the countryside of eastern interior Maine.
- The traditions of academic excellence, attention to the needs of the individual student, and a knowledge of our importance to the region have guided the school in its changes and growth.
- Our classes, our guidance philosophy and our daily schedule are all designed to provide a course of study that is interesting, challenging, and uniquely "you".
- We work closely with every student to develop an academic program that instills self-confidence, brings new knowledge, prepares the student for college and allows the student to develop the skills that are essential for economic success in the world and personal fulfillment in life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||269 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 10%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Comp, AP English Lit, AP Environmental Science, AP Government, AP Macro Economics, AP Physicis, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art/Design, AP Studio Art/Drawing, AP U S History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$32,000|
|Tuition Notes||Base tuition room and board. Figure does not include incidental fees.|
|Admissions Director||Deborah Jacobs|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, TennisAlpine Skiing, Baseball,
Cross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After school activities which rotate seasonally, Community Service Club, Drama Club, French Club, Intermural basketball, National Honor Society, Student Council Drama Club, French Club, After school activities which rotate seasonally,
Community Service Club,
National Honor Society,
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LincolnGrades: PK-8 | 17 students
Po Box 597
Lincoln, ME 04457
OronoGrades: PK-K | 30 students
5749 Merrill Hall
Orono, ME 04469
Old TownGrades: PK-8 | 62 students
1024 Stillwater Ave
Old Town, ME 04468
CharlestonGrades: PK-12 | 65 students
739 Main Rd
Charleston, ME 04422
BangorGrades: PK-12 | 309 students
Bangor, ME 04401
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.