Grades: PK | 90 students
- Leeway School is a not-for-profit special education program for students from 18 months to five years of age.
- The school is certified through the N.Y.State Education Department.
- A full range of services are provided. We are a special education preschool and aid in the development of children with special needs.
- Services: speech & language, fine and gross motor, behavioral, delayed development, early intervention and general education.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Penny J Lewis|
- OUR SCHOOL Our school lies on a beautiful 4 acre property in Sayville, NY. The size of our campus allows us to offer both outdoor activities and spacious classrooms. Leeway is a private non-profit organization that is funded through school districts, the Suffolk County Department of Health, Bureau of Services For Children With Special Needs. OUR CLASSES As noted, we are a special education preschool and serve the needs of children from the ages of 18 months to 5 years. Both half day and full day sessions are available. Leeway has both self contained, and integrated classes. In self contained classes all of the children are receiving services. In our integrated classes, we have typically developing students in conjunction with children who are receiving services. Every student participates in a program that includes music, physical education, pre-literacy, readiness skills, science, nature & ecology, as well as health, nutrition and fitness. OUR SPECIAL SERVICES We offer speech and language therapy, physical and occupational therapy, as well as psychological counseling and parent training for children and their families.There are also Early Intervention classes, starting as early as 18 months of age, with class sizes of no more than 7 children. Additionally, we serve youngsters with PDD/NOS and Autism Spectrum diagnoses, as well as children with language and other delays. PARTICIPATING SCHOOL DISTRICTS Some of the school districts we work with in Suffolk County include: Babylon, Bayport / Blue Point, Bayshore, Brentwood, Center Moriches, Central Islip, Commack, Connetquot, Deer Park, East Islip, Eastport / South Manor, Fire Island, Harborfields, Hauppauge, Islip, Lindenhurst, Longwood, Middle Country, North Babylon, Northport / East Northport, Patchogue / Medford, Rocky Point, Sachem, Sayville, Smithtown, South Country, Three Village, West Babylon, West Islip and William Floyd.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SayvilleGrades: PK-8 | 187 students
200 W Main St
Sayville, NY 11782
West SayvilleGrades: K-8 | 65 students
37 Rollstone Avenue
West Sayville, NY 11796
3502-3504 Veterans Memorial Hwy
Bohemia, NY 11716
BohemiaGrades: PK | 121 students
2900 Veterans Memorial Hwy
Bohemia, NY 11716
PatchogueGrades: PK-8 | 319 students
1 Division St
Patchogue, NY 11772
Best school ever! There aren't enough words that can describe how wonderful everyone is at this school.
- Posted by Parent - tmerp
I am so happy with the progress my son has made at this school. Thank you Leeway!
- Posted by Parent - jenny
I highly recommend this school! My daughter attended this school for 2 years before entering Kindergarten and made a wonderful improvement!
- Posted by Parent - grucc
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.