- Liahona Preparatory Academy is an accredited private school for Pre-K through 12th grade using iSchool technology. We provide core academic classes integrated with a Latter-day Saint gospel base in a fun, motivational and nurturing environment! Liahona offers a fully accredited track, or a home school track.
- Every student receives an iPad as an educational tool.
- http://on.fox13now.com/avvgleh Pleasant Grove academy becomes an iSchool.
|Religious Affiliation||Latter Day Saints|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Average ACT score||24|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,160|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,430|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mya Fadely|
|Admissions Associate||Janet Duvall|
- The mission of Liahona Preparatory Academy is to assist parents in educating their children in the fundamentals of the arts, letters and sciences while integrating the truths of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We strive to provide a challenging academic education by infusing secular knowledge into LDS doctrine and values in order that students might understand ALL knowledge in the context of the eternal. Liahona's Distance Education Program is the largest LDS-based Junior High and High School distance program in the nation. Students enjoy our motivational teachers and associating with other LDS home-educated students coast to coast. Parents appreciate that the program is user-friendly, flexible and may be taken for credit.
Profile last updated: 01/06/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
American ForkGrades: K-12 | 726 students
736 N 1100 E
American Fork, UT 84003
LindonGrades: PK-KG | 98 students
310 S 400 W
Lindon, UT 84042
3920 N. Traverse Mountain Blvd.
Lehi, UT 84043
SandyGrades: PK-3 | 80 students
1690 E. 11400 So.
Sandy, UT 84092
ProvoGrades: PK-8 | 122 students
1598 W 820 N
Provo, UT 84601
The drama department recently won the largest high-school championship in the nation for both our junior high and high school!
- Posted by Teacher - jorda
Liahona is an LDS based education which allows teachers to teach the true stories of our founding fathers, for example. Students from LPA have consistently higher ACT and AP scores. There is a smaller student body at the school which allows kids much more individual attention from teachers. They have a strict dress code, not uniforms, which stresses adherence to LDS standards as well as kindness and respect for students and faculty, so they do not have problems with bullying and clicks like public schools. It will never be a common core school! They have programs like Drama, Sports, Service Trips, Student Government, Electives, and even Concurrent Enrollment AdvancEd Program to earn college credit! Classes are filmed and can be watched online by students at their convenience. Distance Education is also an option for families that live too far away from the school but still want to ''attend'' through watching classes online. Liahona has a 4 day school week to allow students to do homework or more family time. They have a special Youth Conference and a service trip each year. The environment at the school is fabulous and my kids absolutely love it! It is the best school ever!
- Posted by Parent - jenni
We love the education our son has received at Liahona Prep. The teachers care so much for the students. The learning environment is supportive and safe. The class size has been perfect for the advance learning we were seeking. He has had an opportunity to participate in drama and sports and take a variety of elective classes.
- Posted by Parent - ganel