Grades: PK-6 | 75 students
Once a child knows the country names, they work on writing labels for each country. This is usually Kindergarten work.
A quiet corner is always available for students to look through a constantly rotating supply of books.
Cloth Washing is a two-person job that promotes team work and practical life skills. Socialization is also an important component of the classroom.
Children work with this material in Primary as a puzzle and later in Elementary as a tool for learning advanced mathematics.
Elementary students are exposed to advanced mathematical concepts, including square root and algebra, but with materials they can touch and feel.
- Lone Oak, established in 1981 and accredited by the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) and the Maryland State Board of Education, has a staff of highly-trained teachers with a Master's degree or equivalent in Montessori Education.
- The school believes that the Montessori program with its individualized approach to education allows children to reach their full potential at every stage.
- The non-competitive, multi-age classrooms encourage children to help younger students and to see what is next as they progress.
- Based on this approach, children have the ability to do advanced work in both mathematics and language from an early age and with the concrete materials to understand the concepts fully.
- The protected work period helps children develop concentration and independence while also encouraging a sense of community as children navigate different activities with different children throughout their day.
- Your child can participate fully in learning as a joyful process.
- Come see for yourself!.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,672|
|Tuition Notes||$8,509 Half-day PreK; $10,672 Full-day PreK-K; $10,852 Elementary program (grades 1-6)|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chinese Lessons, Violin and Cello Chinese Lessons,
Violin and Cello,
- Lone Oak Montessori School provides a stimulating and nurturing Montessori environment in which both intellectual and creative endeavors are cultivated. We are dedicated to providing challenging and enriching educational experiences. Each child is motivated to develop to his or her fullest potential academically, emotionally, and socially. We foster respect, responsibility, and intellectual curiosity. Our dedication to remaining true to the Montessori philosophy enables our students to become independent lifelong learners and contributing members of the larger community. Established in 1981
- Co-educational day school
- Approximately 80 students
- Ages 2 to 12 years old
- Primary and Elementary classroom teachers hold Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) diplomas
- Spanish, music and art enrichment are offered at Primary and Elementary levels
- Multi-age classrooms
- 1 Toddler Class (2 - 3 years) 3 Primary Classes (ages 3 - 6 years) 1 Elementary Class (ages 6 - 12 years)
- 2 Campuses
- Democracy Campus 10201 Democracy Boulevard Potomac, MD 20854
- Old Georgetown Campus 10100 Old Georgetown Road Bethesda, MD 20814
- Classroom Composition
- Primary 18:2 Toddler 12:2 Elementary 15:2 Each class has one Montessori Teacher and
- one assistant in addition to other support staff.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Silver SpringGrades: NS-3 | 180 students
10700 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20902
RockvilleGrades: PK-K | 44 students
11545 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
BethesdaGrades: PK-KG | 130 students
7500 Honeywell Ln
Bethesda, MD 20814
BethesdaGrades: PK-8 | 269 students
5601 Massachusetts Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20816
RockvilleGrades: NS-8 | 299 students
11701 Danville Drive
Rockville, MD 20852
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.