Grades: K-5 | 146 students
- Long Island Hebrew Academy is an Orthodox Jewish Day School committed to providing its students, families and community the highest standards in Jewish and Secular education.
- LIHA is founded on the principles of Torah values, love of Israel and dedication to the people if Israel.
- Our goal is to prepare our students to become confident life long learners, leaders and productive citizens of the world.
- This goal is achieved through our unique students centered educational initiative.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Society of Hebrew Day Schools (NSHDS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||146 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(dark pants/skirt, white shirt/blouse, collar )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,600|
|Tuition Notes||scholarships available|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sharyn Blaustein|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Cooking Club, Homework Club, soccer Choir, Cooking Club, Homework Club, soccer,|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Great NeckGrades: NS-8 | 196 students
117 Cuttermill Road
Great Neck, NY 11021
DouglastonGrades: PK-8 | 277 students
4511 245th St
Douglaston, NY 11362
Great NeckGrades: 9-12 | 385 students
400 N Service Rd
Great Neck, NY 11020
BaysideGrades: PK-8 | 556 students
21601 38th Avenue
Bayside, NY 11361
BaysideGrades: K-3 | 114 students
21212 26th Ave
Bayside, NY 11360
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.