Grades: PK-9 | 278 students
- The Long Island School for the Gifted (LISG) is a unique and exciting school for grades K-9.
- We are a community dedicated to providing an outstanding education for academically gifted children where they are nurtured and treasured.
- We offer an academically challenging and nurturing environment.
- Although technically not a neighborhood school, there is a true sense of community within our walls.
- Class size is small, typically sixteen, as is the student/faculty ratio.
- This provides numerous opportunities for student/teacher interactions and enables us to focus on the needs of each child in our crusade to provide challenging material that will encourage and nurture an intrinsic love of learning in each of our students.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Total Students||278 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Bryn MawrGrades: PK-12 | 560 students
701 Montgomery Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Fort WashingtonGrades: PK-12 | 1109 students
340 Morris Rd
Fort Washington, PA 19034
CincinnatiGrades: K-12 | 55 students
8100 Cornell Road
Cincinnati, OH 45249
UniondaleGrades: 6-12 | 2551 students
1400 Glenn Curtiss Blvd
Uniondale, NY 11553
WoodmereGrades: PK-12 | 255 students
336 Woodmere Blvd
Woodmere, NY 11598
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.