- Since 1965, Lord Stirling has met with great success helping New Jersey's youth redirect their lives towards positive goals.
- Located on eleven acres in Basking Ridge, Lord Stirling is a small, private, non-profit day school for pre-adolescents and adolescents, ages 7 through 21, who have not succeeded in mainstream education.
- The students who enroll in Lord Stirling are typically experiencing conflict in their interaction with the world – emotionally, behaviorally and academically.
- Our highly supervised programs focus on accountability, helping students to become responsible participants within their families and communities.
- Lord Stirling provides a supportive, therapeutic environment that builds self-esteem and self-confidence, placing special emphasis on intensive one-on-one psychological counseling.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers
National Association of Laboratory Schools
ASAH Private Special Education
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||7 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.