- Luther North is a Christian, non-public school.
- Our aim is to provide a quality education while proclaiming a changeless Christ in a changing world.
- The mission of Luther North College Prep is to serve God by developing productive and responsible Christian servant-leaders for church and society.
- The professionals employed and managing Luther North work to teach young men and women, and by extension, our constituent families, the truth of grace alone at every step of the educational experience.
- This truth informs all aspects of our educational practices, curriculum selection, staff development and those activities designed to meet the needs of the school's social function.
- By extension, the environment provided creates a community of redeemed people working toward one common experience, living a life of service to God by becoming leaders in walks of life chosen, continuing that service throughout life after Luther North.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA)
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ID, Dyslexia, Organization|
|Total Students||182 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- All students desiring to enter Luther North as freshmen must present evidence of eighth grade graduation from an elementary school. Each student completes an application, countersigned by his or her parents, asking for admission to Luther North "knowing that this is a Christian school and wishing to benefit from its Christian instruction." The applicant is also asked to submit a copy of his or her most recent report card and standardized test scores. Per Illinois State Law 95-0439, the applicant must also submit a certified copy of his or her birth certificate. The High School Placement Test is administered to all applicants to determine their level of skill preparation for the academic program at Luther North. These tests are used to determine a student`s placement in various courses during the freshman year. Notice of acceptance will be sent as soon as all required evaluations have been received. Information about course registration for the freshman year will be available once the student is accepted.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NilesGrades: PK-12 | 166 students
7280 N Caldwell Ave
Niles, IL 60714
ChicagoGrades: 9-12 | 1015 students
5900 W Belmont Avenue
Chicago, IL 60634
ChicagoGrades: 9-12 | 429 students
3633 N California Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
WilmetteGrades: 9-12 | 2072 students
1100 Laramie Ave
Wilmette, IL 60091
ChicagoGrades: 9-12 | 241 students
6727 S California Ave
Chicago, IL 60629