Grades: PK-12 | 811 students
- Rockford Lutheran is the school where students of all faiths, ethnicities and national origin can find academic challenge and perform to their potential.
- It's also where they can explore their God given talents with a broad range of athletics and extracurricular activities.
- Rockford Lutheran offers: six year study in French, German, Russian, and Spanish with Spanish and French offered in PreK through high school Music, Art and Drama from grade PreK through high school more than 70% of Junior and Senior High students participate in extracurricular activities computer courses from grade school through high school Athletics Grades 5 and 6 compete in Rock Valley Lutheran Athletic Conference Junior High compete in Northern Conference Senior High compete in Big Northern Conference.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA)
Other religious school association(s)
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||811 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||72 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Physics II, AP Statisitcs, AP U.S. History, Bio 110: Principles of Biology (Dual Credit), Chem 115: General Chemistry (Dual Credit), Phy 110: Principles of Physics (Dual Credit), Span 102: Beginning Spanish II (Dual Credit),|
|Average SAT score||1785|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Dress policy in effect)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact the school for current tuition rates and tuition assistance at 815-877-9551, ext. 158.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,100|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Julie Behmer|
|Admissions Associate||Pamela Kellen|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Rockford Lutheran is the provider of an exceptional college prepatory education in a safe, Christian environment. Open to all faiths, Rockford Lutheran School prepares students to become the leaders of tomorrow. From preschool to 12th grade Rockford Lutheran offers an accelerated honors program with exceptional athletic and award winning fine art programs including drama, choir, band and orchestra. Rockford Lutheran offeres 8 Dual Credit courses offering transcripted credit through Concordia University. Courses currently in the Dual Credit Program include: English Literature, Composition, Spanish, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Statistice, Economics Government and Psychology. We also offer 41 honors courses in grades 6-12 nad 13 High School level courses for Junior High students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RockfordGrades: PK-12 | 1232 students
1401 N Bell School Road
Rockford, IL 61107
RockfordGrades: PK-12 | 303 students
1 Jacoby Pl
Rockford, IL 61107
RockfordGrades: PK-12 | 798 students
5950 Spring Creek Rd
Rockford, IL 61114
RockfordGrades: PK-8 | 427 students
4407 Highcrest Rd
Rockford, IL 61107
RockfordGrades: PK-8 | 181 students
2300 North Bell Avenue
Rockford, IL 61103
I have two boys attending Rockford Lutheran Academy and I am very pleased with the education they are receiving. The teachers are wonderful to them and they are both challenged academically. There is homework almost every night but overall we are very happy with the school and can comfortably recommend it to anyone. Well worth the money.
- Posted by Parent - arlen
I havea daughter in 7th grade. My husband and I are very pleased with the school and also the other children and parents. This school reminds me of the type of school I attended 30 years ago. It is a safe environment where inappropriate behavior is not tolerated.
- Posted by Parent - jzuz1
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.