Grades: 9-12 | 545 students
- Lutheran High School South excels in providing Christian education in the Lutheran tradition for young men and women in grades 9-12.
- Our Christ-centered environment and challenging college prep curriculum help each student learn, grow, and prepare for college as well as prepare for a life anchored in faith in Christ and dedicated to service in His name.
- We're large enough to offer many opportunities for students to grow and excel, but small enough for students to participate in many different activities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Call Mrs. Debbie Davis, Director of Special Education|
|Total Students||545 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Chemistry, Computer Programming (Java), English Language & Composition, English Language & Literature, Human Geography, Psychology, Statistics, US History|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,075|
|Tuition Notes||$1200 discount for association church members; multiple child discount|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Beth Berner|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||AV Technology Club, Academic Team, Art Club, Black Gold & Green Recyling Club, Bridge Club, CloseUp Washington, Engineering Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Foreign Language Honor Societies, Future Business Leaders of America, Future Professionals in Medicine, Intramurals, Jazz Band, KAIROS Small Group Leaders & Facilitators, Lancers for Life, Leadership Cabinet, Math Club, Messengers, Mock Trial, National Honor Society, Plays & Musicals, Praise & Worship Team, Publications Club, Student Ambassadors, Student Council Academic Team, Art Club, Bridge Club, Intramurals, Jazz Band, Math Club, Messengers, Mock Trial, AV Technology Club,
Black Gold & Green Recyling Club,
Fellowship of Christian Athletes,
Foreign Language Honor Societies,
Future Business Leaders of America,
Future Professionals in Medicine,
KAIROS Small Group Leaders & Facilitators,
Lancers for Life,
National Honor Society,
Plays & Musicals,
Praise & Worship Team,
- At Lutheran South, we recognize that each student is a unique creation of God, blessed with gifts and talents waiting to be nurtured and used to His glory.
- Our courses are taught from a Lutheran Christian perspective, with our faculty members serving not only as teachers, but also as coaches, sponsors, mentors, encouragers, and friends to our students.
- At Lutheran South, as we strive to encourage each student to grow spiritually, academically, and personally; we dedicate everything we do to God's glory.
- Need-based tuition assistance is available.
- ."It's not just about what you learn or what you do, it's about who you become."
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Saint LouisGrades: PK-12 | 615 students
3020 North Ballas Road
Saint Louis, MO 63131
Saint LouisGrades: 6-12 | 409 students
175 S Mason Rd
Saint Louis, MO 63141
Saint LouisGrades: 9-12 | 420 students
341 S Sappington Road
Saint Louis, MO 63122
ArnoldGrades: PK-8 | 218 students
3511 Jeffco Blvd
Arnold, MO 63010
Town and CountryGrades: 7-12 | 1015 students
800 Maryville Centre Dr
Town and Country, MO 63017
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.