Grades: PK-12 | 522 students
Small class sizes permit ample opportunity for student - teacher interaction, which improves student achievement.
MCS students find common ground and ample opportunity to bond with each other, often forming life long friendships.
Smaller, more intimate class sizes allow teachers to provide the individual attention necessary to consistently address a variety of learning styles.
- SInce 1978, Madison Christian School has existed to glorify God and to nurture His children by providing a unique educational environment that combines high academic standards with God's Word of Truth in an atmosphere of love.
- At Madison Christian School we believe the best way to train a child in the way he should go is by example primarily through the key element of our program, the Christian teacher.
- Madison Christian School's mission is to partner with parents and churches to lead students toward God, scripturally educating the whole person spiritually, academically, emotionally, socially, and physically to become strong Christian leaders.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||522 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||25|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Aug. 17 / Jan. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,650|
|Tuition Notes||K-4 rate is $4,650; 5-6 rate is $4,800; 7-8 rate is $5,300; 9-12 rate is $5,800|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$750|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Renee Cooper; Director of Admissions|
|Admissions Associate||Ed Reck|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Bible Study Club, Bowling Club, Chamber Ensemble, Choir, Design, Drama Club, Drama Presentations, Drawing/Sketching, Graphics Designing, National Honor Society, Painting, Photography, Praise and Worship Team, Safety Patrol, Science Club, Student Council, Student Newspaper, Technical Design and Production, Yearbook Band, Bowling Club, Choir, Design, Drama Club, Painting, Photography, Safety Patrol, Science Club, Yearbook, Bible Study Club,
National Honor Society,
Praise and Worship Team,
Technical Design and Production,
- The vision of Madison Christian School is to consistently provide a vibrant educational ministry that creatively models excellence, wisely stewards God's resources and opportunities, and visibly reflects the relational leadership of Jesus Christ in order to intentionally transform present and future generations. The core values of our of our Biblically based educational program include: prayer, love, unity, God's Word, family centered focus, evangelism/discipleship, excellence and service.
- The Madison Christian School Educational Philosophy - The entire process of education is a means used by the Holy Spirit to bring the student to God, then into fellowship with God, and help the student become strong or mighty in the spirit, assist the student in developing the mind of Christ, train the student in Christ-likeness, teach the student to respond like God, acquire skills needed to function in society and help the student demonstrate Christ-like character qualities in order that he/she can fulfill God`s total purpose for his/her life personally and vocationally. Madison Christian School, along with local evangelical churches, partner with parents to fulfill God`s command to scripturally train their children to love God and place Him first in their lives. (Deuteronomy 6:7-8, Proverbs 22:6)
- Four dynamics from John 17:13 form a model for Christian Education. But now I (the Teacher) come to you (the Learner), and these things (the Content) I speak (the Processes) in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves.
Profile last updated: 02/05/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ColumbusGrades: PK-6 | 241 students
979 S James Road
Columbus, OH 43227
Canal WinchesterGrades: PK-12 | 478 students
Po Box 400
Canal Winchester, OH 43110
Grove CityGrades: K-12 | 687 students
4750 Hoover Rd
Grove City, OH 43123
ColumbusGrades: PK-8 | 299 students
2865 Fair Ave
Columbus, OH 43209
BriceGrades: KG-8 | 209 students
Po Box 370
Brice, OH 43109
I've really appreciated the small class sizes and the personalized attention by children have received. I'd highly recommend Madison Christian to anyone!!
- Posted by Parent - lizwi
Madison Christian School has been an awesome environment for my 2 children! The teachers are caring and qualified. The school offers a safe environment where they integrate the Bible into every subject. There are many program offerings for my children in academics, athletics, and fine arts. The school has a family feel to it. Everyone is kind and respectful. I can't say enough good things about this school! My kids will be going to MCS all the way through graduation because they have everything we want and need in a great school!
- Posted by Parent - cjone
Our daughters have attended Madison Christian since 2001, beginning with Kindergarten and Pre-school. It has been our experience that MCS has been consistently forward-thinking in their educational philosophy while still maintaining a family feel. The teachers/staff are relationship driven with their students, understanding the immense importance of the foundation of their Christian education. MCS teachers go the extra mile in helping students individually achieve their very best within a safe environment for students to academically excel. There is a Christian community at MCS that, as parents, we believe is essential to our daughters' spiritual growth and development. For these reasons, we felt MCS was the perfect fit for our daughters' to receive their K-12 education and ultimately graduate successfully to post-secondary institutions.
- Posted by Parent - heste
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.