Grades: K-8 | 109 students
- School's mission is to provide education that honors every child¡¯s enthusiasm for initiative, creativity and social responsibility.
- The Waldorf educational philosophy is committed to nurturing the whole human.
- Our curriculum integrates arts and movement with an intellectually rigorous academic education to foster artistic expression, critical thinking, problem solving, athletic judgment, and sound intellectual reasoning.
- Waldorf graduates is creative and ethically aware young people intellectually prepared for the most demanding colleges, and eager to engage with the world around them.
- Waldorf pedagogy nurtures healthy emotional development by conveying knowledge experientially as well as academically.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||109 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,870|
|Tuition Notes||We have a strong tuition adjustment process|
|Admissions Director||Laurie Nagus|
- The pre-school and kindergarten program is based on strong rhythm and modeling. Days in our kindergarten allow ample time for indoor and outdoor play. Children participate in purposeful tasks throughout the day, such as cooking, cleaning, and washing. Circle time allows young children to participate in seasonal verses, songs, stories, and games. Our kindergarten students grow through exposure to artistic offerings, such as puppet plays, live music, drawing, watercolor painting, beeswax modeling, and simple handwork. This daily schedule encourages the development of balance, coordination and important gross and fine-motor skills, while supporting the child's imagination, sense of wonder for the world adn reverence for life.
- Our curriculum in thr grades integrates arts and movement with a classically-based academic education to foster artistic expression, problem solving, athleticism and ethical judgement. The Waldorf grade school curriculum is deliberately structured to complement the student's's developmentatal stages. Each academic subject receives intense focus over the course of a year, is integrated with the other aspects of our curriculum, such as movement, painitng, drama, etc., and taught in a way that involves the whole child.
- Children receive deep learning experiences in their Main Lesson (8:30-10:30 daily), when new concepts in math, language, history, geography etc are taught. Beginning in the first grade, children take "specialty subject" classes in German and Spanish, handwork (knitting, crochet, sewing, soft sculpture), games, woodworking (starting in 4th grade) painting, modeling. Students perform a class play every year based on the literary component for that year.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WaunakeeGrades: PK-12 | 439 students
5606 River Road
Waunakee, WI 53597
MadisonGrades: PK-8 | 169 students
2310 Independence Lane
Madison, WI 53704
MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 80 students
2552 S 19th St
Milwaukee, WI 53215
MadisonGrades: PK-8 | 42 students
5202 Regent St
Madison, WI 53705
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.