Grades: PK-9 | 276 students
Marin Montessori School is a private, non-profit, AMI accredited school serving the diverse needs of children 18 months to 15 years of age.
The school is a community of faculty, families, staff, administration, and a board of directors.
Collectively, we nurture the development of each child to his or her fullest potential intellectually, physically, socially, creatively, emotionally, and spiritually.
Therefore, we strive to provide more than an academic education alone; our goal is to provide education for life.
The mission of Marin Montessori School, in adherence to the principles of the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) as envisioned by Dr. Maria Montessori, is to nurture the development of each child in our diverse community to his or her fullest potential an independent, responsible, compassionate learned individual who thinks critically and realizes clearly his or her role in the world.
Thus, our mission is to provide education for life.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)
Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||276 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|% on Financial Aid||
- Marin Montessori School is a private, non-profit, AMI accredited school serving the diverse needs of children from toddler age through adolescence. The school is a community of families, faculty, staff, administration, and a board of trustees.
- Collectively, we nurture the development of each child to his or her fullest potential intellectually, physically, socially, creatively, emotionally, and spiritually. Therefore, we strive to provide more than an academic education alone; our goal is to provide education for life.We accomplish this by preparing a stimulating classroom with beautiful manipulative materials where our children, with the guidance of our specially trained faculty, follow their natural tendencies to master skills. We are dedicated to maintaining a warm, nurturing, joyful environment where each child:
- - Receives a quality education that supports his or her individual development;
- - Has the freedom to choose, balanced by the responsibility to be productive;
- - Learns according to his/her personal learning styles and timelines;
- - Can reach his/her academic potential without grade level limits; and
- - Enjoys beautiful, orderly, harmonious surroundings.
- This program fosters self-motivation, self-discipline, compassion, independence, critical thinking, social and personal responsibility, and respect for others and the environment.
- It is our vision that our children gain a strong sense of self and realize a life-long satisfaction and joy in learning, working, and exploring life. We believe this will enable our children to contribute happily and productively their unique talents to the world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Mill ValleyGrades: K-8 | 242 students
100 Harvard Ave
Mill Valley, CA 94941
Mill ValleyGrades: PK-8 | 305 students
305 Montford Ave
Mill Valley, CA 94941
BelmontGrades: K-5 | 120 students
2820 Ponce Avenue
Belmont, CA 94002
Corte MaderaGrades: K-8 | 590 students
5221 Paradise Drive
Corte Madera, CA 94925
BerkeleyGrades: PK-8 | 289 students
1310 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.