|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||380 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Dress code but no uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 16 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$28,222|
|Tuition Notes||25% of our students receive financial assistance. A socioeconomically diverse community is core to our mission.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$16,000|
|Admissions Director||Wendy Broderick|
|Admissions Associate||Diane Boodrookas|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Chess, Chorus, Drama Band, Chess, Chorus, Drama,|
- At Mark Day School we:
- offer a strong, dynamic academic curriculum, enriched by programs in the arts, physical education, service learning, and outdoor education, with an emphasis on social-emotional development.
- honor and are guided by the Seven Pillars of Character: Caring, Courage, Citizenship, Respect, Responsibility, Honesty, and Fairness.
- embrace diversity in preparing students for a global future.
- combine thoughtful innovation with enduring best practices.
- provide a hands-on program that encourages curiosity, develops independence, and addresses different learning styles.
- strive to teach, learn, and live in a sustainable way.
- integrate technology for learning at age-appropriate levels.
- foster a partnership between our school and parents, which is vital to the success of each child.
- understand that each member of our community blossoms in an atmosphere of safety, encouragement, support, and collaboration.
- believe that school should be challenging, fun, engaging, and joyful.
Profile last updated: 07/17/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 401 students
655 Brotherhood Way
San Francisco, CA 94132
LarkspurGrades: NS-8 | 357 students
20 Magnolia Avenue
Larkspur, CA 94939
Mill ValleyGrades: KG-8 | 242 students
100 Harvard Ave
Mill Valley, CA 94941
San AnselmoGrades: K-12 | 626 students
1500 Butterfield Road
San Anselmo, CA 94960