- Mark Day School discovers and nurtures what is finest in each child in a vibrant, inclusive, non-sectarian learning community. Innovative and full of heart, Mark Day School strives to develop well-rounded critical thinkers in a challenging program that fosters academic excellence and responsible world citizenship.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||380 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Dress code but no uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 16 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$28,222|
|Tuition Notes||25% of our students receive financial assistance. A socioeconomically diverse community is core to our mission.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$16,000|
|Admissions Director||Wendy Broderick|
|Admissions Associate||Diane Boodrookas|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Chess, Chorus, Drama Band, Chess, Chorus, Drama,|
- At Mark Day School we:
- offer a strong, dynamic academic curriculum, enriched by programs in the arts, physical education, service learning, and outdoor education, with an emphasis on social-emotional development.
- honor and are guided by the Seven Pillars of Character: Caring, Courage, Citizenship, Respect, Responsibility, Honesty, and Fairness.
- embrace diversity in preparing students for a global future.
- combine thoughtful innovation with enduring best practices.
- provide a hands-on program that encourages curiosity, develops independence, and addresses different learning styles.
- strive to teach, learn, and live in a sustainable way.
- integrate technology for learning at age-appropriate levels.
- foster a partnership between our school and parents, which is vital to the success of each child.
- understand that each member of our community blossoms in an atmosphere of safety, encouragement, support, and collaboration.
- believe that school should be challenging, fun, engaging, and joyful.
Profile last updated: 07/17/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Mill ValleyGrades: K-8 | 242 students
100 Harvard Ave
Mill Valley, CA 94941
San AnselmoGrades: K-12 | 626 students
1500 Butterfield Road
San Anselmo, CA 94960
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 401 students
655 Brotherhood Way
San Francisco, CA 94132
LarkspurGrades: NS-8 | 357 students
20 Magnolia Avenue
Larkspur, CA 94939
This is the first year for my son at Mark Day School. So far it has been great. I highly recommend this school for its educational program, the staff, and the community. I really see my son blossomed this past year.
- Posted by Parent - drngu
We have a son and a daughter who have attended Saint Mark s School for the past 7 years and we couldn't be happier. Our kids are learning how to think critically, advocate for themselves and work collaboratively with their peers. The curriculum is academically rich, challenging, innovative, purposeful, compassionate and thoughtfully designed to challenge each child at their best. We love the fact that the teachers and the administrators know our children well and value their individuality, while striving to educate the whole child with a growth mindset. The unique global education and media literacy programs have broadened our children's awareness of the world they live in and ignited their desire to become responsible citizens. We''ve been wowed by the professionalism of Joe Harvey, the head of school and the administrative staff, thoughtful teachers, and personal resources available for Saint Mark s kids and their families. Saint Mark's School is a very warm and inclusive school for students and parents alike!
- Posted by Parent - casti