- We are Martin de Porres, a Lasallian educational community associated together by our faith in the ability of youngsters who have been entrusted to our care and their families to change their lives, and by our zeal to create even more effective ways to fos ter fullness of life and personal growth.
- The Philosophy, Goals, and Mission of Martin de Porres High School indicates clearly that academic development and social/emotional formation are the reasons for the school??s existence.
- Nothing takes precedence over them, and everything flows from them.
- The classrooms and the laboratories are the most important rooms in the building, and the activities that go on within them are the most important of the day.
- The high school provides a challenging curriculum in either a Regents - based or vocational/job - readiness programs.
- Students are prepared for independent living, career development, work - based experiences, and/or higher education.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||140 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HicksvilleGrades: 9-12 | 950 students
98 Cherry Ln
Hicksville, NY 11801
Garden CityGrades: PK-12 | 415 students
225 Cambridge Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
Valley StreamGrades: K-12 | 155 students
12 E. Fairview Ave
Valley Stream, NY 11580
JamaicaGrades: 9-12 | 1529 students
8353 Manton St
Jamaica, NY 11435
BronxGrades: PK-12 | 312 students
999 Pelham Pkwy N
Bronx, NY 10469