- Mayfield Junior School, a Catholic independent school founded in 1931 implements the Holy Child philosophy of teaching to the Whole Child.
- Students are engaged and inspired and participate in the life of the school through academics, athletics and the arts.
- We are committed to the educational and religious development development of each child, and to maintaining a foundation built on instiling character and a sense of community and family spirit.
- Through project based and deeper learning, students learn the value of critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and communication.
- Creative programs and performances stimulate inquisitive minds and develop lifelong learning skills.
- The fundamental belief that childhood, going to school and growing up should be a joyful experience is central to a Mayfield education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
Educational Records Bureau
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||516 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,000|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Lauren Marlis|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Dance,
Equestrian, Flag Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||All students participate in performances each year., Chess, Choir, Instrumental, Makers Lab Chess, Choir, Instrumental, Makers Lab, All students participate in performances each year.,
- Mayfield Junior School, a Catholic independent school founded and sponsored by the Society of the Holy Child Jesus, implements the philosophy of the Holy Child Schools. We are committed not only to the religious and educational development of each child, but also to maintaining a sense of community and family spirit. The school seeks to provide a challenging academic and religious education for children. The educational experience fostered by a loving faith community of students, faculty, and parents emphasizes responsible freedom and the development of self-potential. Mayfield Junior School is committed to Cornelia Connelly's belief in the giftedness of the individual. Creative programs stimulate inquisitive minds and develop lifelong learning skills. In the belief that aesthetic as well as athletic experiences are essential in maturing well-rounded individuals, students are offered an enriching gamut of physical, dramatic, artistic, and cultural activities.
People that viewed Mayfield Junior School also viewed these schools: Chandler School, Polytechnic School, High Point Academy, Clairbourn School and Lycee International de Los Angeles (LILA) - PASADENA CAMPUS.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PasadenaGrades: K-8 | 40 students
1005 Armada Drive
Pasadena, CA 91103
PasadenaGrades: KG-12 | 859 students
1030 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91106
PasadenaGrades: K-8 | 353 students
1720 Kinneloa Canyon Rd
Pasadena, CA 91107
San GabrielGrades: NS-8 | 285 students
8400 Huntington Drive
San Gabriel, CA 91775
PasadenaGrades: NS-5 | 147 students
30 N. Marion Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91106