Grades: NS-8 | 236 students
School Spirit with our middle school cheerleaders. They cheer for the basketball teams, the Memorial Mustangs,
The debate team of 2015 and 2016 made it to the finals at the St. Agnes Academy Middle School Debate Tournament, competing against many Catholic schools.
- Memorial Lutheran School is a classical Christian school offering programs for infants through 8th grade, and also offers a summer camp program. Building a strong foundation in music, language arts, Latin, art, math, science, writing and speaking, computer skils with one-to-one Chromebooks, Bible teaching and weekly Chapel; Atheltcis, extra curricular, and enrichment activities offered include physical education, debate, chess, robotics, music lessons, dance, and various after school sports activities from the youngest to middle school.
- Students learn beyond the classroom in outdoor education and class trips.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||236 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 36%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Math and English, Algebra 1, Biology|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Khaki pants, sweater vest for boys, plaid jumper or skirts for girls, navy dress sweater)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies with Early Childhood and Infants|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||LouAnn Webber|
|Admissions Associate||Whitney Rammage|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Lessons, Chess, Dance, Debate, Drama/Musical, Karate, LEGO Building Brains, Orchestra, Piano Lessons, Soccer Shots 3 to 5 year olds Art Lessons, Chess, Dance, Debate, Drama/Musical, Karate, Orchestra, Piano Lessons, LEGO Building Brains,
Soccer Shots 3 to 5 year olds,
- Building a Strong Foundation that produces successful learners and effective leaders
- Caring Christian teachers and staff
- Fine Arts - music and art (all classes), choir, orchestra, band (middle school); grades 1 through 4 may participate in the orchestra program
- Technology - Chromebooks in middle school, iPads and computer lab for early childhood to 8th grade, interractive white boards in PK to 8th classrooms
- Athletics offered to students in grades 4 to 8 - soccer, volleyball, basketball, cheerleading, track, baseball and softball
- Physical Education for toddlers to 8th
- Early Childhood - Infants to Pre-K 4
- Religious education and weekly chapel
- Language Arts - spelling, writing, vocabulary, phonics, reading the classics
- Science lab in middle school
- Latin begins in 1st grade
- After school clubs - chess and debate
- Outdoor Education trip 1st-4th grades
- Academic and debate competitions gaining top awards
- Nurturing environment for all of our children
- Top high school acceptances for our 8th grade graduates
My two children attended Memorial Lutheran School. The curriculum and enrichment programs truly prepared them for high school. i recommend Memorial Lutheran to any parent who wants their child to be in a smaller setting with more teacher to student time.
- Posted by Parent - Lwebb
I am strongly considering Memorial Lutheran School, for my grandson's education.
- Posted by Parent - divin
the best music program around. orchestra band and choir. caring teachers. academic awards in PSIA, Latin. great school, affordable tuition!
- Posted by Parent - lwebb
I could not ask for a better school for my son, he loves it,I love it, and the staff is wonderful!
- Posted by Parent - becky
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.